Grey underground ducting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm running some power and cat 6 lines to my new garden office but can't find any grey ducting. I've order the black but can only find alternatives in green, purple and orange but no grey for telecommunications. Has anyone got a source as google isn't very helpful this evening?

Sponsored Links
I don't think he is planning to. The grey duct is for the cat6 lines only.

Sponsored Links
You shouldnt be putting power and data cables in the same duct.
You shouldn't - I guess that's why he has ordered the black, and is now looking for the grey :)

Kind Regards, John
Edit: odd - how on earth did I miss DaftPunk's post?! - at least we agree!

Lovely stuff thanks. Just to clarify the power and CAT 6 are going in different colours of ducting with separation once buried incase anyone was thinking I was going to put them in the same length.

You don't have to use grey, that's just what BT use.

The National Joint Utilities Group colour for exactly the same services was white for Mercury Communications and green for all other telcos. On motorways purple is used for communications.

I'd say as long as you avoid yellow and blue you'll be fine.

Personally I'd just use black.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back