Grohe tap tails won't come out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I think I'm probably being thick, but perhaps someone can help?

I have just got a "new" (ex-display) Grohe Essence basin tap. It came with the hard tails already screwed in, however I would much prefer to use flexibles as they are, well, so much more flexible, when it comes to fitting.

However I just can't get the hard tails to come out - they twist, and twist, and twist, but don't come out. Does anyone know if they are captive and I just have to live with them, or whether they might just have very very long threads, or perhaps it's broken... I hope not as I got it via ebay and there's little chance of returning! I've fitted quite a few taps in the past and none of them needed the tails screwing in more than about 8 full turns, which is why I'm sure that either there's something different/wrong with the tap, or with me this time!

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

K.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back