Gutter / Sink Drain - Partial blockage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I skimmed the ground floor of my house and as it took me a few weeks of evenings/weekends (i am not a pro!) i chucked quite a lot of the waste water down the drain - Seems that this sludge of plaster and water has caused the drain in the back of my house to run slow. It drains but if say you empty the bath the sudden volume of water causes the drain to flow over and then empty.

I need to know which way the drain runs - would it run away from the house or underneath it? I am thinking of getting a rod down there to try and clear the muck but i need to know which way to go once i go 'underground'

thanks

Sponsored Links
see if you can find Bazalgettes original plans for your street in London ..............cuz I haven`t got a clue where your drains go ;) ....they are likely to go to the street in front of the house :confused: ....possibly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back