Halstead Ace High - HW+CH -end of teather

Sponsored Links
the primary flow switch and micro switches are a common point of failure if both circuits are not working
does the boiler fire up and run straight away and then cut out or does it take a while to spring into life :?:

the primary flow switch and micro switches are a common point of failure if both circuits are not working
does the boiler fire up and run straight away and then cut out or does it take a while to spring into life :?:

The hot water starts straight away usually then cuts out

Checked both micro switchs with a meter and they work OK both flow switches seem to move to actuate the microswitches - this is on first fire up after switching off - then after the first cut out it gets erratic and sometimes the pump primary flow switch does not move so the boiler ignors the demand from CH or DHW

Mind you - you may have a point......... The only diaphram that I have not replaced is the primary flow one - maybe that leaking - that would shut the CH & DHW down too...... Will get a new one tomorrow ........ hope its not the £32.00 I paid for the last one...... must be a cheaper alternative - does Baxi or one of the others use the same diaphram?

Thanks for that ;)
pete

Sponsored Links
Have you tried replacing the boiler?

Thought Halstead were good - one of the most reliable overall?

pete :?:
Alas, they are not; in fact, they are a lot closer to the bottom, than to the top.

When was the boiler installed?
Can you contact the installer?

Boiler installed in 2002 - think he has retired

Decided on Halstead as they have a good spec and the system seemed simple - it ran OK for a few years - looking at this andother baord seems none of the domestic boilser are reliable? :(

Might not be the best boiler on the market, but at 7 years old, it should still have a few years left.
Best thing to do is clean the system properly. Plenty of info on the forum on how to flush a system, start with faq

Might not be the best boiler on the market, but at 7 years old, it should still have a few years left.
Best thing to do is clean the system properly. Plenty of info on the forum on how to flush a system, start with faq

Hope it will last a bit longer

Have tried everything to get the system clean - last year I bottomed the lot! took all the radiators off one at a time and flushed them out with everything I could get, even the power washer (boy that shifted some stuff) and Halstead recommended a rubber mallet banging the rad at the same time

Put them all back - then put in sludge cleaner for a week - then drained again and put in the preventer stuff

When I drained it this time it came out clear - the only other thing I can think of to clean the system is the power flush I keep hearing about - looked on the FAQ and it does not say how to do it (assume you put a water pump onto an upstairs rad and blow everything through - is that correct? if so will buy a pump

Thanks for your suggestion - corrosion seems to be the main problem in any heating system.... what about fitting a filter? or some device to get rid of the limescale?

Pete

Anybody any more ideas

What about the thermistors?

Understand you can test them
room temperature 10-12 kohms
heated up 3-4 kohms

Will this give me a reliable test?

What do the thermistors do?

Help appreciated - thanks

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back