halstead finest gold y does the water work n not the heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i really hope you can helf or advise me of my problem , about 2 years ago i had a replacement combi fitted , i was advised by my plumber to have a Halstead Finest Gold , which i had fitted all was great untill the last 2 weeks lol , 1st if i turn the downstairs thermostat on for heating the pump runs but there is never any heat as the burner never ignites, to overcome this problem i have to turn the hot water on to start the burner after a few minutes then i turn the heating on and then turn the hot water off so the burner remains on for the heating, 2nd for some reason the system seems to be loosing pressure as on a regular dayley basis i have to re pressurise it to 1 1/2 bar as it drops to below 1 bar but every time i re pressurise it the overflow pipe leeks water outside the building , so if anybody out there has a simler problem or can suggest a fix i will be most gretefull hope to here from you soon
barry

Sponsored Links
It isn't an "overflow" as such, but water coming from a Pressure Relief Valve, which needs replacing.
The other fault could be a small adjustment or an expensive part - you need a corgi.

ChrisR said:
It isn't an "overflow" as such, but water coming from a Pressure Relief Valve, which needs replacing.
The other fault could be a small adjustment or an expensive part - you need a corgi.

thanks for that , yes i think that you are right , i also think it might be the reason why the burner will not ignite as the pressure is to low thanks very much for your help
merry xmass barry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back