HALSTEAD FINEST SAFETY LOCKOUT

Thanks Chris, I tried shorting the wires out on the air pressure switch and it fired up first time, do I now need to replace the switch or am I looking for an air blockage elsewhere?

Sponsored Links
Sounds expensive, do I need to buy a whole fan assembly or can I refurbish the existing one. If so can anyone recommend a good (cheap) parts supplier. Thanks

99JASON99 said:
MY (APPROXIMATELY 5 YEARS OLD) HALSTEAD FINEST COMBI BOILER SAFETY LOCKOUT LED IS CONSTANTLY SHOWING RED AND THE IGNITION ELECTRODE DOESN'T EVEN ATTEMPT TO SPARK. I HAVE CHECKED THE TROUBLE SHOOTING GUIDE IN THE MANUAL, WHICH SAYS CHECK THE SUPPLY VOLTAGE AND THE PCB FUSES - WHICH ARE ALL HEALTHY - AND IF THEY ARE OKAY REPLACE THE PCB.
FOR ABOUT A WEEK PRIOR TO THIS HAPPENING THE BOILER SEEMED TO FIRE UP FOR ABOUT TEN SECONDS AND THEN WENT OFF, THIS WAS HAPPENING EVERY FIVE TO TEN MINUTES (THE ONLY DEMAND WAS THE RADIATOR IN THE BATHROOM - THE ONLY RAD WITHOUT A TRV).
WE HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM ONCE OR TWICE BEFORE BUT IT WAS RECTIFIED BY TURNING THE POWER OFF COMPLETELY FO TEN SECONDS AND THE TURNING IT BACK ON AND THIS SOLVED THE PROBLEM.
ANY ADVICE REGARDING THIS PROBLEM WOULD BE VERY WELCOME AS I DON'T REALLY WANT TO REPLACE THE PCB DUE TO THE COST! :(
check the flex isnt wired the wrong way round

Sponsored Links
99JASON99 said:
Sounds expensive, do I need to buy a whole fan assembly or can I refurbish the existing one. If so can anyone recommend a good (cheap) parts supplier. Thanks

The venturi is in the fan outlet and will probably just need cleaning.
(fan has to come out to get at it).

A CORGI Job

I am never comfortable when consumers are trying to give advice although I appreciate that its often because they have little faith in the professionals. Probably more based on those they see on TV in Rogue Traders than anyone here.

Pig... is apparently a consumer who has just posted asking for help with his own boiler!!!

Tony

:D Boiler fixed, removed the fan assembly and gave it a good clean out and it's working fine. Thanks to everyone who took the time to give their advice!

doh

that will teach me for jumping ahead a assuming stuff. Nice one chrisr

taught me yet another lesson, stop and think, :)

Fitted loads of Halsteads and occasionally found they would still fire up for a short time even though the flex was wired up the wrong way round.

If the venturi were the problem it shouldn't have gone straight to lockout but put the fan on and waited for a few seconds to see it, shouldn't it. So it wasn't resetting properly. Perhaps 99Jason99 wasn't turning the power off, or not for long enough?

The rather odd "connect all 3 aps wires together" test came from H, by the way. It evidently ain't all in the manual!

Useful tip pigwid...

Look under the boiler on the left hand side near the front. You will see a little red button, press it and then try again.

That should get it going but there is some underlying fault causing your problem (overheat)

You Sir are an absolute genius, we have heat once more and I am now off to have a hot bath. Thank you. :p

Hi

I have Halstead Wickes 102 boiler in morning will not start it is on lockout the button on bottom dont pop out so all i do is reset approx two three attempts it is mostly ok rest of day sometimes it locks out when demanding D H W but ok again but still locks out every morning

fitted two new thermisters DHW and Heating
two new micro switches
new diaphragm in flow switch
new pcb board
new electodes ignition one heat sensor
new overheat thermostat
new air pressure switch still the same problem its cracing me up cost of parts over £500 I give up F the Halsteads getting a potterton he gold Bernie

would touch a potterton if it was given to u mate,if ure getting one of those get on a service contract.get a worcester bosch,bullet proof

Hi Combi

what Worcester Bosch do reccomend 8 rads six room house I was going on the right ups regarding Potterton Gold etc all seemed good

I will check on Worcester

Many Thanks Bernie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back