Halstead finest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there i've got a halstead finset for all my sins!!
I've got a problem with it going to safety lock out all the time it runs for a coulpe of mins on heating then goes to safety..
I can run it on hot water for a matter of seconds before it goes sraight to safety lock out..
however if i remove the inner cover that exposes burner etc the boiler runs fine as soon as i put the cover back in place it goes to safety..
Its as if its being starved of air..
I've checked flue and inspected burner for blockages and all spot on..
However the fan does work but its very noisy and has been this way for last 8 months or so ive re oil bearings incase it was fan slowing down but it's made no difference..
I've got no manual so i can't refer to that..
Any ideas or help would be very great...

Sponsored Links
Call out a boiler engineer...it's a very simple fix but involves gas safety components. The part has now been replaced by a plastic item to reduce the problem.

Bartman. How did you come up with the conclusion "spot on"?. For arguements sake.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back