Halstead Quattro problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Total newbie here and to boilers. I have just moved house and now the proud owner of a Halstead Quattro. At first glance everything seemed fine, but after a short while we noticed:

1. The hot water is only very hot when the hot tap is on very low pressure. If we run the tap at normal pressure, it is lukewarm at best.

2. The thermostat for the central heating seems a bit nervous - it maintains the desired temperature by turning the boiler on and off every 20 seconds or so, rather than waiting for the temperature to drop a bit. This is a bit annoying and I fear that constant stopping and starting may increase wear and tear.

3. We have had to use the overheat reset twice in one week.

In all other respects it is good! I would rather not replace it if we can avoid that. Any ideas on the above, or is my best bet to get it properly serviced by a pro?

Thanks all,
Dave

Sponsored Links
if you have no service history for the boiler definitely get it serviced. In the meantime check the system pressure - should be about 1.25 bar.

Thanks Mick. Pressure is at resting state of 1.5 bar and increases to 1.6 bar when I run the hot tap. Is that close enough?

I had somebody local look at it, who thought that the problem with the hot water only being very hot at low pressures could be either the heat exchanger or the diverter valve, but he wasn't able to tell which.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back