Has anybody ever brought from this company?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Priced up some windows for my house and they are supply only but comes out at £1850 for 7 windows. Local fensa fitter will fit them for me for £250 and I supply fittings etc so total of £2200.

Local companies have quoted me and the cheapest is 3300!

The window company is

Www.windowsanddoors.co.uk

Anybody any experience with them?

Cheers[/url]

Sponsored Links
A while since I’ve been involved with windows & no experience with the one’s you link but it’s worth remembering; all windows will most certainly comply with regulations as a minimum but the profile, hinges, locks & manufacturing quality can vary enormously. Unless they are using one of the known quality profiles, personally, I wouldn’t buy without eyeballing.

How many quotes did you get? As a guide, I’d have thought you should be able to get 7 quality profile windows supplied & fitted for around £350-£400 per unit, all inclusive.

Local fensa fitter will fit them for me for £250 and I supply fittings etc so total of £2200.
Be careful with that one, due to the cost of annual registration & the certificates for individual installations, it’s usually companies that are FENSA registered not individual fitters. He may work for a registered company but unless he’s registered, you won’t get that all important compliance certificate from FENSA & the company he works for is unlikely to oblige. Other alternative is to submit a Building Notice for LABC certification but that will cost you extra.

Fitting rates are usually around £50-£80 per window/door unit, especially if he’s removing the old ones. Is he making good? Is he also disposing of the old units? £250 for 7 units is a bit cheap, I’d be checking previous & that he hasn’t got a horse named Trigger! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back