Heat Exchanger for Glow Worm 30cxi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Ive been advised my Heat Exchanger on my Glow worm 30 cxi is leaking and will need replacing.

Im looking to buy a new heat exchanger but Im not sure which part to buy.
Ive found a heat exchanger on Ebay that looks stainless steel with lines on it and four holes in the corners priced at £65 part no. 801831

but I also did an google search and came up with Ak Boiler Heat exchanger 24KW part no. 801837 priced at £362.25.

is there two parts to the heat exchanger?

thanks

Sponsored Links
which heat exchanger? whats the fault exactly? who told you ? Why aren't they getting it to fit ??
more info

The fault is that my boiler is losing pressure constantly so i called a Gas engineer out and was watching him assess the problem when the boiler was switched after about three minuits there was jets of steam/water coming from what looks like the bottom corner front sealing ring of the combustion chamber he informed me that he thinks its the heat exchanger that gone and needs replacing. he wanted to charge me £400 for the part plus £165 for the fit. so I wanted to know if I could purchace the part myself but I'm unsure of what is the correct part to purchace.

I hope this explaination helps.

Sponsored Links
I was thinking at that price and the money that im going to pay out is it better to just add £100 of so more and buy a new Glow worm combi one of the new Cxi range could I just install it myself. my thinking is They should be similar to the last one so just a relative straight swap.

No
My thinking was to get a certified installer to connect the gas part of it and test it once ive installed it.

Hi i think your find it hard to get someone to test , finish and commission the appliance , i have been asked a couple of times and im not interested , unless i install the boiler i wont finish anyones work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back