Heat line boiler gas failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My gas meter ran out and when i topped it up and unlocked the meter, my cooker works but the boiler wont stay on. It starts, the pilot light ignites it then goes off. The red light at the end flashes saying gas failure??? Please help i have 4 young children and cant get anyone out to look at it till Tuesday.
The Boiler is a Capriz 25s and was only installed 3 days ago.

Sponsored Links
Capriz 25s
Nevereardofit.

Keep on and on trying the boiler. It'll be air in the pipe. It'll light eventually. Unless of course it's broke. If no luck obviously call the man back.

Sounds like you need to purge air from the gas pipe. You can do this yourself but if you don't/can't do a tightness test then you might leave yourself with a leak and bad things can happen then!

OK, it is a highly simple fault. the sensors in the trap have gotten wet. the sensors are there to stop the boiler from staying alight if the drain or trap becomes blocked.

what you need to do is first makes sure the drain is run correctly and not in to a jug or bucket. if it is then you need to get the drain run asap. also if the end of the drain is under the water level the trap becomes air locked and the same thing happens.

the trap is designed to work level if the trap have been pulled to one side during installation then the same thing can happen. there is a mod to raise the level of sensing tabs in the trap to make sure no false positives happen.

i would get your installer back and makes sure he has run the drain correctly and then open up the boiler and see if the sensing tabs have gotten wet. if so dry them and makes sure the trap is level.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you need to purge air from the gas pipe. You can do this yourself but if you don't/can't do a tightness test then you might leave yourself with a leak and bad things can happen then!
thanks gplumb i will try it and let u know

OK, it is a highly simple fault. the sensors in the trap have gotten wet. the sensors are there to stop the boiler from staying alight if the drain or trap becomes blocked.

what you need to do is first makes sure the drain is run correctly and not in to a jug or bucket. if it is then you need to get the drain run asap. also if the end of the drain is under the water level the trap becomes air locked and the same thing happens.

the trap is designed to work level if the trap have been pulled to one side during installation then the same thing can happen. there is a mod to raise the level of sensing tabs in the trap to make sure no false positives happen.

i would get your installer back and makes sure he has run the drain correctly and then open up the boiler and see if the sensing tabs have gotten wet. if so dry them and makes sure the trap is level.

thank you mehran i cant get my installer out until tuesday

thank you mehran i cant get my installer out until tuesday

MEHRAN thank you very much for yor info we did exactley what you said and hey presto i have heating thank you thank you thank you...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back