heating and hot water

got hot water but its still venting into tank ch on but no heat from any rad,

on top of that the bathroom rad valve is leaking past the stem seals. reckon i'm going to drain the ch system and then try flushing through then fernox into system , been two days of gurgling n banging

keith

Sponsored Links
It sounds like you need a powerflush and an overhaul. You have to remember that when you disturb the heavy sediment in the rads that it causes all sorts of blockages. Banging in the boiler is usually caused by water boiling because the circualting flow has been lost.

joe

thanks Joe

i just drained system then run the water thru to the rad nearest the front door hose on the drain cock which i had to fit as there doesn't appear to be one anywhere. sorted leaking valves on bathroom rad and put it back in line.

refilled system and dosed with sentinel flush , bled system from each rad starting downstairs left valve on manual, both ch and hw on and gonna leave to it circulate whilst I'm on hols this week.

now i have hot water restored no ch yet but feel i might be winning.

next step will be flush thru then inhibit if all well if not then need to find a local plumber to powerflush.

maybe i can return to fitting flooring and bath panels before trying to change wc n cistern.

again thanks to everyone lets hope radiators start again soon watch this space

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back