Heating Not Coming On When Stat Is Turned Up - Baxi duo-tec 28 he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This fault exists with the newer wall thermostat and it happened with the older dodgy one. When the thermostat clicks on sometimes the boiler does not fire up for the heating. Its an intermittent fault and i have the boiler set to on at all times. When the heating does not start i need to go to the boiler, switch it to timer, it fires right away, then back to ON and it stays on, usually it works for the rest of the day without issue.

I know the wall thermostat is ok because its a new honeywell digital one. Does this look like its boiler related and will i need to get an engineer to look at it, im just thinking if its an intermittent fault it might be hard to troubleshoot. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Lots of diy folks are quite happy using a multimeter to find these sort of faults. It just depends on your previous experience.
As you normally have it set to be on permanently you could try setting the programmer up so that the timer is set to be on for the majority of the day and night. Then see if having the heating switched to timer makes it behave.

Last edited:
Lots of diy folks are quite happy using a multimeter to find these sort of faults. It just depends on your previous experience.
As you normally have it set to be on permanently you could try setting the programmer up so that the timer is set to be on for the majority of the day and night. Then see if having the heating switched to timer makes it behave.

Thanks mate. I have a cheap needle multi meter, i am capable of using it if im told what i need to check. I put it on timer mode at weekends when im working and so far i think it has been fine on timer mode. I will set the timer to be on most of the day and see how it behaves.

If you keep it on constant, just use the timer and nullify the 'off period', as suggested. Sometimes you can adapt and overcome without spending... but the law of diminishing returns can still prevail, eventually :)

I dont know why i have absolutely no bell ringing experience.
why have you changed your name all of sudden ? as you can see from my post 4 you was mystic bertie :oops::cautious:
I dont know why i have absolutely no bell ringing experience.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you've been a busy boy today , didn't need to change your name thou , to be a good lier you need a good memory;)
come on man its just banter ;):)(y)

I know the wall thermostat is ok because its a new honeywell digital one.
doesn't mean its not faulty

If you keep it on constant, just use the timer and nullify the 'off period', as suggested. Sometimes you can adapt and overcome without spending... but the law of diminishing returns can still prevail, eventually :)

thank you, so far so good, the problem has not returned.

why have you changed your name all of sudden ? as you can see from my post 4 you was mystic bertie :oops::cautious:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you've been a busy boy today , didn't need to change your name thou , to be a good lier you need a good memory;)
come on man its just banter ;):)(y)

doesn't mean its not faulty

I have been using forums for about 16 years now and im well aware a username change does not make you untraceable and all your old posts are still linked to your profile. I did it for 2 reasons, to see if you would notice and you did plus i no longer like that old username, so i found this was a fun time to change.

If i wanted to be totally incognito i would delete my account, reregister and so on. I know all my old quotes are still under my old username, yawn but thanks for pointing it out to me and thanks for being so predicable lol

I have been using forums for about 16 years now and im well aware a username change does not make you untraceable and all your old posts are still linked to your profile. I did it for 2 reasons, to see if you would notice and you did plus i no longer like that old username, so i found this was a fun time to change.

If i wanted to be totally incognito i would delete my account, reregister and so on. I know all my old quotes are still under my old username, yawn but thanks for pointing it out to me and thanks for being so predicable lol
ye right , nice excuse thou ;), but you admitted it anyway and I'm cool with that . its nice to know who your talking to when your sat behind a computer ;)(y). welcome mr robtherevelator1969 cough cough mystic to the forum and just be yourself , no-one has got a personal grievance towards yourself

ye right , nice excuse thou ;), but you admitted it anyway and I'm cool with that . its nice to know who your talking to when your sat behind a computer ;)(y). welcome mr robtherevelator1969 cough cough mystic to the forum and just be yourself , no-one has got a personal grievance towards yourself

Its a nice excuse because i am telling the truth. I am quite pc savvy you know. Its heating systems i need help with. If i want to outfox you, i will ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back