Heating Programmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

does any one know where i can source a cheap Programmer. It is an INVENSYS SM1. Plumbcentre sell them for £60 but as always i want to save some cash (before xmas!). Second user is not a problem.

Thanks
Gordy13

Sponsored Links
Cheers mate, already tried but they aint got the model i am after. I would prefer to use the same as it is a simple swap. If i had the knowledge i would buy the cheapest peice of kit i could find as i am probably moving in the next few months.

Sponsored Links
I am not too confident with wiring (when i was younger i would have a go at anything) As the backplate and wiring is already there it is a simple plug onto the backplate. The controller has 6 prongs which simly push onto the backplate.

I'm only an amateur but I'm pretty sure that those backplates are standard and lots of programmers are interchangable with the same 6 prongs.

You ought to be able to get something from a shed for more like £30. The larger B & Q's have a good display of them.

Thanks for that advice mate, i have looked at the wiritn and it looks like there are: common connection for N, common for L, and earth. What i dont understand is there is a red wire connected to the backplate (on its own) which appears to come from the boiler. I reckon i am going to go to a supplier and get them to take me through the itstallation process step by step. If i can save £30 it is worth the effort. (i sound like i am Scottish. LOL).

i have the wiring for this programmer in front of me

from terminal N, L, 1,2,3,4

N, L, Com, OFF, ON, Spare. (link L and Com for 240v switching)

maybe someone can recommend a suitable programmer from this info and tell you how to wire it. Might help if you state what type of system it is switching.

The programmer is basically just a timed switch or switches, so as well as the LNE coming in, there will be switched live output - often separate wires for HW and CH, sometimes combined. This will go off to the boiler and room and or cylinder thermostats.

No problem, the programmer operates an Ideal mini combo boiler. One day timer for heating only.

I have spotted a Siemens in wickes for £28 which looks similar.I will go and have a look tommorow. Thanks for the help and i will let you know how i get on. I am sure if i have any problems i will get through it with help on here.

Thanks again

Gordon

if its for a combi then its simple :D
A 1 channel programmer or programmable room stat will do the trick, piece of potatoes to fit as well.

Hi All

fixed :D
Got a seimens LCD programmer, had to alter 2 wires on the backplate then muck about with the times/selection ect and bingo.

Thanks for your help.

Gordon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back