Heating pump controler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fault symptum: Pump fails to pump even after replacement
Boiler type: Potterton Suprima 60, gas fired
Boiler age: 6 1/2 yrs

Last week I posted a thread on a suspected faulty pump motor on my home gas central heating system.

After replacing the pump last weekend, the system still failed to work. It seems the boiler's pump control circuitry or its heat sensor are faulty.

Anyway, I reconnected the pump power cable to the heating timer switch. This bypasses the pump control circuitry but does work as long as the timer is activated.

The problem I forsee with this repair is that when the heating now swithes off, the motor will stpp abruptly, thereby not running for the usual additional few minutes to dissipate the heat. I fear that heat build up at the boiler or motor will cause damage.

What is your opinion with this? Do I need to have this seen to immediately? Do you think, as I suggested, the control sensor is faulty?

Many thanks,
Brian

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back