Heating pump does not switch off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a mechanical Landis & Gyr timer for a fully pumped system , with motorised valves for water and heat . On occasions the pump still runs despite the timer switching heating and water off. The system is fine during normal operation. It's just that the pump runs unnecessarily. Is this likely to be a fault within the timer that gives the visual impression that it is off (CH and HW lights off) but it isn't really?

Sponsored Links
Your boiler may have a pump-overrun thermostat that is sticking in the 'permanent live' position.

As far as I'm aware there is no pump overrun thermostat on the boiler. Or is it on the circuit board? Are there any checks I can do to eliminate the boiler or external controls ?

Sponsored Links
Ideal FF260 , I've just checked with Ideal and they say there is no pump-overrun thermostat on this model

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back