heatline boiler problem

Yes, I did read it !

The first engineer replaced the HE. But that was wrongly diagnosed and the original leak was still present because he had not done a repair to it.

So my conclusion is that the cause of the second leaking was still the unrepaired original leak !

I am always ready to blame engineers if I think they are at fault. In this case all the first one is guilty of is not correctly diagnosing the fault. I am guessing they came from Homeserve or a similar boiler cover firm. Problems correctly diagnosing faults seems to be a feature of that firm.

Of course the OP could try to get Homeserve (?) to cover his insurance excess. But the damage was surely caused by the first leaking before they had been to the boiler?

Seems to be just a case of wanting someone else to pay it for him.

Tony
just like to add Tony no damage was caused by first leak,i isolated all the water,only towels under boiler wet,damage ocured after 2nd fitter done job,thnks

Sponsored Links
Just like to post update,spoke to manager of repair firm,he said even tho the leak happened only within hrs of fitter leaving,that it could have happened any time,when i mentioned checks engineer should have done,he insisted that each engineer is dif,no set rules concerning this,also that he could not progrees with this any further,if i can name the firm involved it was Pro-Temp,the temp meaning only garenteed till fiter pulls away from street,thats about how long mine lasted,hope there satisfied with the problems they have caused me,maybe what comes round goes round,in this case i do hope so,thank you ewvery one who tried to help,

OP i'm sorry to hear their reply, telling you that this could have happened anytime is the biggest cop out i've heard, there is no way i would leave this there, they have a duty of care & responsability & they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, I would write a letter to them stating all the facts don't let your feelings go into the letter keep it very professional, telling them that you req the details of their insurance co because you intend to make a claim & if you don't recieve this information within 7 days you will be contacting trading standards & reporting them. If you don't feel you can write such a letter then just contact trading standards direct & ask their advice, you could also contact CAB who will give you advice, but to be honest i would go straight to TS who do have some clout. I wish you the best of luck.

a quick goggle search only brings up an air conditioning co is this the one ?

OP i'm sorry to hear their reply, telling you that this could have happened anytime is the biggest cop out i've heard, there is no way i would leave this there, they have a duty of care & responsability & they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it, I would write a letter to them stating all the facts don't let your feelings go into the letter keep it very professional, telling them that you req the details of their insurance co because you intend to make a claim & if you don't recieve this information within 7 days you will be contacting trading standards & reporting them. If you don't feel you can write such a letter then just contact trading standards direct & ask their advice, you could also contact CAB who will give you advice, but to be honest i would go straight to TS who do have some clout. I wish you the best of luck.

a quick goggle search only brings up an air conditioning co is this the one ?
Yes it is,based in bootle ,Merseyside,Told boss of firm my 2 nephews,both gorgi.had looked at prob,and agreed that it wasnt handled properly,boss also said i was not a customer,it was ins company who was there customer,so would not suply me with any details,so now i have got to send photos and reason to ins company,lot of hasle for prob that might have been avoided,thanks for your concern,greatly apreciated

Sponsored Links
ok right i am slightly confused because if it is the same co i was looking at they do air con & not boiler repairs so I'm not quite sure why you got them to do the repair ? on to your nephews you say they are corgi reg however it hasn't been corgi for 4 yrs it is gas safe now so if they are gas safe reg why didn't they do the repair ? to change the heat exchanger you need to be gas safe reg & if i am looking at the correct co then i can't see anywhere on their web site stating they are gas safe reg

This is the plate HE.

The repairers were engaged by the insurance company.

The OP seems to be blaming them rather than contacting the insurance company.

Tony

• Thanks
Reactions: CBF
Sorry Tony i missed the bit about the insurance co sending out the slightly lacking repair team, however i still can't understand why they would send out a non GSR (if it fact they aren't) co to a boiler repair, i still haven't changed my view though that the OP shouldn't have to pay for what was basically a fault by the repair co, although i do agree that the OP should be speaking to the insurance co as it was their repairer that caused the damage.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back