Heatline Combi 'howls' when hot water used

what are you on ! im only trying to help
Welcome to the forum, heatmanuk. You have just encountered The Drivel.

Don't take it personally - he treats the entire world as if it's beneath him.

Sponsored Links
Makers of small tubed boilers should put provision to prevent debris and sludge blocking the heat exchanger. Alpha put on a cyclone filter. They can all put one of these on preferably one being a combination of filter and a magnaclean.
That's an intelligent comment.

The makers are negligent.
...but it just had to be accompanied by the stupid, incorrect, and argumentative one.

Do you mean the makers are not negligent?

Hello all,

I am writing for thr first time on diynot .com. I have a problem with my Heatline C28. The Boiler is turning off and on automatically when used for Tap, Shower or Central Heating. It starts off perfect with full force but after 3-5 minutes, it turns off (the flame is gone), after approx. 1 min, it turns on again.

Like this, while taking shower or using tap the water is hot to start with and get cold in the middle and then hot again.

With Central Heating it same and doesnt heat up Radiators well. At all times the Radiators are warm only due to insufficient and no continuous supply of hot water.

The boiler is under warranty period, so I called engineer, he changed the Heat exchanger and said that it needs powerflush, which was last year Dec. at the the time of installation. Engineer says that Powerflush isn't done properly that's why the old Heat Exchanger had black dirt in it.

Now, its been 3 days it worked fine after new Heat exchanger been placed and I am facing this problem of Boiler on and off autmatically.

Shall I flush the Radiators ??? or get a proper Ppower flush done.

I need some guidance on how can I flush radiators myself.

Any Suggestions ?? Your Help is much appreciated.

Heatline C28 Condensing combination boiler.

Regards commissioning, a Corgi registered friend of mine installed the gas; of which I'm guessing you are referring.

Back to the problem.
When it was first commissioned, the heating system was all filled, pressurised and checked, boiler bled, condensate trap filled to required limit and so on. Fired her up, all worked and is still working a treat.

Hot water was tested a while after and worked also, then from nowhere when the hot tap was used a howling sound could be heard. Worse if a thermostatic mixer shower was used.
Checked the boiler whilst this was happening and without doubt it was coming from it as no pipes were knocking or moving due to being well clipped.
Along with the haunting howling sound the domestic hot water pipe was pulsing but the water appeared visually steady.
The sound could be stopped by turning down the heat which is what baffles me.

It did this for the first and second day then stopped completely by itself.

Week or so later, it has done it again..

Any help without appearing condescending would be appreciated.

How did you get this sorted out? I have similar problem with my 6yrs old Vaillant turbomax.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I have a 'howling' C28 as well!

CH is fine, HW makes it scream the house down .. starts quiet, gets progressively louder. Doesn't take long, filling a sink to do the washing up will do it.

I put on the cold water full chat whilst the noise was going, as suggested on this thread before, still the noise. Hot water pipe is vibrating a little, but not excessively.

No idea who fitted the boiler, or how old it is, was here when we moved in last October.

Noise clip is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ymxmnyioh5m

Any ideas before I call a boiler engineer out? Would really love to fix this myself with minimum expense!!

Cheers,
Adam

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back