HELP! - Accidentally sawn into heating pipe!

Indeed the thermal store is perfect for instant hot water and central heating, downside is the amount of water.

Guys it was second time lucky and after the re-fill no more leaks. I have since found these pipes go to the conservatory heater which was retro'd when the previous owner had it. I'm surprised how close to the floor boards these pipes were laid. Anyway at least i know they are there and have marked the floor boards accordingly for future reference!

I will also post the inside view of the damaged pipe!

Thanks

Barry

Sponsored Links
If in doubt heat the pipe until the flame starts glowing green, you know it's cooked then. Remember to heat the pipe, not the joint.

I'm surprised I was the only one to suggest just slip coupling once where you cut it. Yes it may scorch the joist, but a bit of tin foil as suggested and a bit of water on the wood will reduce the effect significantly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back