HELP!!!! Biasi Combi M90 24S No Pressure

Sorry crossed post. Thanks for advice will just put on lights then. Will get some fuse wire at 15amp as says on fuse. The CH is definitely the only thing running off that fuse. Will have a look at the fused spur switch as think know what this is in cellar. Let me know what results of the test I just did mean. Thanks again!!

Sponsored Links
Agile";p="983683 said:
As I thought, he did NOT repressurise your expansion vessel properly!!! I am sorry that so many of these people you have experienced are muppetts.

But I suppose there are some bad teachers too. Most of them seem to be concentrated at Barnet Academy and John Kelly schools!

Tony

Regards what you say about not repressurising my expansion vessel properly, does this mean that I will continue to have problems and that def don't have leak? Will monitor.

I certainly seem to have been very unlucky with some of the representatives I have had and the fact that a plumber could not tell that the CH was not flowing because the valve was off is just plain frightening!!! In terms of the company, it is likely that there was an issue waiting to happen with CH and the service just kick started it. Don't you think!

Sorry to hear you have had issues with the above two schools. I used to teach in London and have a mate who worked in John Kelly Boys. He is an excellent teacher but it was a challenging school though!! With school performance you do need to take social factors into account as well as all schools and catchment areas can not be in leafy Berkshire!!!!! Despite that, I am sure there are a few teachers who could do with honing their skills somewhat but we do get performanced managed loads now and are pretty accountable results-wise (SATs, GCSE, A-Level)/parents/line managers as well. Also we do all undertake the same formal training and have to attain same professional standards etc. I just feel that the training aspect perhaps for the plumbing profession needs tightening as a good plumber is like gold. It is so hard for me being a lay person (and also a woman - though no shrinking Barbie!) to be able to be certain that the plumber is a professional and knows his/her stuff. :)

You can see how to repressurise it in this site FAQ. You start and finish with the system pressure at zero and the foot pump at about 0.9. You could do it yourself.

I expect that will solve the problem for good !

If fuse supplies boiler then put lowest wire in it ( 5 Amp ).

The ass head at JK Boys is a Ghanian who is very good, but the head is a total w...

I sent an email to the departing head at Barnet Academy who said he was "moving on to new challenges".

I pointed out to him that perhaps it was an opportune time to leave as it was just after one pupil had been arrested for murdering another!

Tony

If pressure drops will do expansion vessel first before assume leak in kitchen then. All still ok though.

Don't know Barnet school at all or the senior management at JK Boys. I lived in London for 12 years and taught for 7 down there in average comps and loved it (moved up to Lancs because originally from North and needed hills and could only afford shoebox there); however, the pressures on teachers are huge due to many, many social and environmental factors. Very few teachers go into profession for the money and most want to 'make a difference' but the job is mentally and physically challenging. I have seem truly excellent teachers spat out in inner city schools and leaving the profession disallusioned before they could grow a skin and manage the huge variety of behavioural issues in challenging comps. It can be done and when you do it the rewards are immense but it takes tremendous energy. Teachers today get a pretty rough deal. Yes we get the holidays (except I have not had much of one as boiler blew up!!!) but all spare time in term time is marking, planning lessons, meetings about new initiatives etc. I am lucky as am doing a job I love but at times marking in bed till 2am or getting up to mark for 2-3 hours before school day begins can be pretty tough - though English particularly marking heavy!!!! Anyway, I don't know the heads of either school but they often are swamped by massively challenging issues and have to please many, many different audiences. It is not a job I would particularly relish. Anyway, like you have much respect for true professionals (in any field) who know and take pride in their job and want to keep learning!!!! Thanks again for advice :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Teachers are now quite reasonably paid, heads of those schools on about £100k p.a. Head of years about £45k. Basic secondary teachers about £30 after a very few years now.

The poor pay is in the universities when a 10-30 years experience lecturer is on about £31k with little chance of more unless he gets a professorship in his 50s. But they dont have disruptive students to deal with!

Dont see much homework for the 14 y.o. maybe twice a week! They dont submit it on the internet in case anyone is disadvantaged by having no internet at home even though they have free terminals to do homework at the school common areas. All the assylum seekers I see have internet!

You can pressurise the cylinder yourself if you have or borrow a footpump. Its not even GCSE physics!

Tony

Ok. CH still stable after 5 hours now. Have turned off now so will monitor and the isolate boiler tonight. All seems ok so far - fingers crossed!! Very, very odd. How can it be fixed!?

By the way, believe it or not got B for GCSE physics but did not carry on with it as all we did was blooming roll trolleys around and do some static thingy with plastic strips!!! At least it was better than biology when the boys put sheep eyes down the girls' backs. Did not know it would come in pretty handy now though!! Will tell my students to THINK ON!!! ;)

I agree university pay is poor and real lack of job security too which is dreadful. Students can obviously be disruptive in secondary (and increasingly primary) schools but it still massively rewarding and would recommend teaching. Generally, if you are straight and consistent with students and treat them as people, you have few issues really in the scheme of things. Nag your 14yr old to do more hw!

She only does what she is given but does do that very quickly. Rarely shows it to me for checking which surprises me.

To me its appalling just how little she learns. In French she cannot remember basic words like chien, vache, du pain, du beurre, pommes de terre etc. In maths she did not even know how many degrees in a circle !

School reports are all glowing and say how good she is. Won form prize for art which she is not very interested in. Also won a place on outward bound course in N Wales for effort and good attendance.

Sings in school choir but says she cannot sing. Does not get a very good report for drama although she does kids drama/singing courses at Tricycle and Roundhouse theatres. She does like the X-Factor and live theatre plays though.

On a TV production course at the Roundhouse during the Elecric Proms, she chose to operate the TV camera rather than interview Sir Paul McCartney in spite of having acted in productions at the Tricycle in front of an audience who could have paid £5 for a seat!

Keep on getting postcards from school saying how good her this or that is but the teachers never answer any emails and they have no contact with parents etc. except once a year for five minutes for "target setting".

I am not very impressed!

Tony

PS
Thanks for advice will just put on lights then. Will get some fuse wire at 15amp as says on fuse.
Thanks again!!

If the fuse only supplies the boiler, then put 5 Amp fusewire in it.

Hello. Just to give an update. Pressure still stable after two days. Isolated the boiler the last two nights for 10 hours each and when turned on again no pressure drop at all which looks like no leak. The pressure not dropping with CH on, running DHW or when not being used. I am obviously thrilled all seems ok again but totally confused. What on earth could have been the issue? If you have any ideas that would be great so if anything odd happens again then I can get to issue faster. Will change fuse - thanks.

Regarding your daughter, she sounds like she is gaining some amazing experiences at the Tricycle and Roundhouse!! I went to both regularly when in London. If she is 14, I am assuming she will have just done her SATs and even though they have been an absolute nightmare this year at least you will get an idea of where she is performing in terms of core subjects (Maths, English, Science). In English, Level 5 is judged as average and means a student will tend to perform C/B in GCSE, Level 6 is roughly B/A and 7 is A*. Maths and Science both have level 8s though so you have to take that into account. However, obviously not always a precise indicator. I have known Level 5s to get a A* through determination and Level 7s go off the boil and get a C. Despite this, at least you have an idea. Also I generally find that most teachers really appreciate parents who are involved. In my experience, this is the single most important factor in a child's achievement. To get more feedback, like most things, you need to be proactive. Get the teachers' email addresses at parent evening and if no reply then phone the school or HOY or Head of Department and ask for feedback. Ask for extra work or book lists etc. Get a handle on the syllabus they are using. It will be much easy for you when she is doing GCSE in Year 10 as set curriculum then.

Keep providing her with the great extra-curricular opportunities she is having. Sadly, due to work load sometimes very able children do not always get the stimulation they require in comps but if she is able is she on the school G&T register? What opportunities are the school providing for her?

The focus in schools now is on individualised student progression and there is quite rightly now an 'Every Child Matters' agenda. That means that it is not ok just to focus on C/D borderlines and less on the rest. I would get a handle on what her targets are for her GCSEs and then check with her teachers if she is on target. She should have these already as based on NFER data. It is a statistical generalisation but helpful as a rough guide. Good luck!!

If you have any ideas that would be great so if anything odd happens again then I can get to issue faster.

,I am assuming she will have just done her SATs and even though they have been an absolute nightmare this year at least you will get an idea of where she is performing in terms of core subjects (Maths, English, Science). but if she is able is she on the school G&T register? What opportunities are the school providing for her?

As I expected from the beginning the expansion vessel was discharged, But the Homeserve muppett had not recharged it properly! It should be done.

Whats a G&T when its not what my mother used to drink?

14 y.o. did do the SATS but I have not seen any results! I done even know how we are advised!

She is at the carnival today!

I must remember to rebook her for the Tricycle and Roundhouse as the courses can be full and she is so dumb she doesn't book herself.

Tony

Hi. Your daughter should have been given her maths and science SATs results before summer holidays. The English results are a bit different because there were real issues this year so only some students got these before holidays. At our school students will get their English results first day back but know their science and maths already. Some schools do use these to set students in GCSE which can be important to a student's progression in a comp to ensure they are getting the correct level of challenge in terms of work - esp important for maths, English and science.

In English though the SATs are usually too late to set students so we use teacher assessment and their CAT scores (Cognitive Abilities Test) which is an assessment of a range of reasoning skills. The tests looks at reasoning with three types of symbols: words, numbers and shapes or figures and gives a quantitative value for verbal, quantitative and non-verbal reasoning. These are done in Year 7 and often again in Year 9. These will have been used by your daughter's school to determine her target grades for the SATs and for her GCSEs. You can ask about these. Basically, 100 is average and very roughly produces a prediction of C at GCSE.

Students in mainstream education range from about 75 to 140. G& T is gifted and talented and all schools should maintain a register of these pupils and need to cater for their needs. Gifted describes learners who are expected to excel academically in one or more subjects such as English, maths etc. Talented are those who have the ability to excel in practical skills such as sport, leadership, artistic performance etc. Generally, students who are above 126 in CATs scores qualify but the school may have other criteria. G&T pupils are those who form the top 5% of the cohort nationally.

The reason I am saying this is that you were saying your daughter was getting glowing reports academically so it may be that she needs to be stretched further. If I were you I would find out her SATs results, CAT score and her predicted GCSE grades and start from there. Head of Years do an amazing job but if you want precise information about a specific subject and targets, get in touch with the subject teacher and if no joy the head of department. It is their professional responsibility to monitor the progress of all students in their subject. Remember teachers like parents who are involved in their child's progression because it means that their job is made much, much easier and the child is much more likely to succeed. :)

As I expected from the beginning the expansion vessel was discharged, But the Homeserve muppett had not recharged it properly! It should be done.

Tony

Tony the PRV was not discharging :eek:

Sometimes I despair :LOL:

The reason I am saying this is that you were saying your daughter was getting glowing reports academically so it may be that she needs to be stretched further. If I were you I would find out her SATs results, CAT score and her predicted GCSE grades and start from there. Head of Years do an amazing job but if you want precise information about a specific subject and targets, get in touch with the subject teacher and if no joy the head of department. It is their professional responsibility to monitor the progress of all students in their subject. Remember teachers like parents who are involved in their child's progression because it means that their job is made much, much easier and the child is much more likely to succeed. :)

I think that you must teach on a different planet!

One feature of this school is that they NEVER give any competitive indication of how she does relative to the other kids.

I did not say that she got glowing academic reports, only that she gets these letters and postcards sayoing how hard she is working!

The teachers dont answer emails and have no telephone numbers or other methods for parents to communicate with them. They have ignored the last five emails I have sent them!

She gets very occasional reports giving her an actual and predicted grade in the form B3 A4 C2 etc. Even the teachers dont seem to be able to explain what they mean!

I have not seen any SATS results!

For a 14 y.o. on a french course to me its appalling she does not know cat, dog, cow, or any French word that I can think of. How can any child NOT know how many degrees in a circle?

This is not Mill Hill School, its Barnet Academy. Keep your kids away, its terrible! At least they suspended the boy who murdered another boy!

Beautiful to look at, all glass and no graffiti with computers on every desk. But teachers who will not communicate with parents, no PTA, no nothing in fact!

Its a dreadful school. Even so it manages to get about 51% of its kids to get five GCSEs grades A-C. Thats pretty basic when Mill Hill gets about 99% !

She got a prize for art which she is not very interested in, yet does not get very good assessments for Drama and PT which she does enjoy.

She cannot play football because only two girls out of her class year of perhaps 200 kids want to play and they will not let her play with the boys. They dont play football if they wear a headscarf!

How's the boiler?

Tony

I think that you must teach on a different planet! Nope. All career in London comps and first one was massively challenging. Only left London year ago to move to Lancs.

One feature of this school is that they NEVER give any competitive indication of how she does relative to the other kids.
I am not suggesting competitive info. Just info on her own progression that you are absolutely entitled to. Do not allow yourself to be fobbed off with arbitrary data. I have told you what you need to know.

I did not say that she got glowing academic reports, only that she gets these letters and postcards sayoing how hard she is working! Sorry my mistake! Great she is putting max effort but you still need to know academic achievement - INSIST

The teachers dont answer emails and have no telephone numbers or other methods for parents to communicate with them. They have ignored the last five emails I have sent them! Then you need to phone HOD or HOY or assistant Head and insist on info.

She gets very occasional reports giving her an actual and predicted grade in the form B3 A4 C2 etc. Even the teachers dont seem to be able to explain what they mean! That is ridiculous - see above data required!!!

I have not seen any SATS results! They will have been given to your daughter unless issue in previous post. Nevertheless these will be available first day back.

For a 14 y.o. on a french course to me its appalling she does not know cat, dog, cow, or any French word that I can think of. How can any child NOT know how many degrees in a circle? That does sound odd!

This is not Mill Hill School, its Barnet Academy. Keep your kids away, its terrible! At least they suspended the boy who murdered another boy!
Whether it is Mill Hill or not (hardly typical school!!!!) it is the professional responsibility of teachers to communicate with parents.
Beautiful to look at, all glass and no graffiti with computers on every desk. But teachers who will not communicate with parents, no PTA, no nothing in fact!

Its a dreadful school. Even so it manages to get about 51% of its kids to get five GCSEs grades A-C. Thats pretty basic when Mill Hill gets about 99% ! I hate to say this but 51% is far from being the lowest!!!
She got a prize for art which she is not very interested in, yet does not get very good assessments for Drama and PT which she does enjoy. You need to insist on speaking to the above teachers and find how she can progress.

Boiler still stable!! :LOL:

Agile, your not too happy with your daughters education , are you ?

just call it a hunch.

i know exactly where you are coming from.

don't start me an the use of cApitol letters & , punctuation.

I suppose that its to a boilerman like a Vaillant 837 fitted by an East European in a bedsit with a 6 li/min supply and a 15 mm gas pipe.

The school cost millions, its beautiful! The teachers are all well qualified, well spoken and mostly quite smart. They now have enough applicants to select teachers.

BUT, no one at the school communicates, they dont reply to emails, to HOY or the Principal, you telephone and leave messages and no one replies. They have no PTA or any other method of meeting teachers except for a 10 min target setting once a year with one teacher.

They clearly dont want to be involved with parents. Perhaps because there are about 3000 parents even after allowing for the single ones.

As Elizabeth says, 51% is not the worst. But it should be better!

My despair is because this has such nice resources, such good teachers ( for a change ) but a total lack of communication. The web site has ONE telephone number and ONE email address! With two receptionists who have to relieve each other and overlay hours its not surprising that they cannot deal with all the calls or emails.

I first "encountered the school" when I did a boiler repair for a French teacher. She was a bit odd at first but later became friendly and very helpful.

Liz, I would like your expansion vessel to be repressurised correctly and then you should not get any further problem. If you really cannot do it yourself, could you not get the physics teacher round?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back