HELP Indesit W143S - stops mid cycle & dial keeps turnin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've had a problems with our washing maching since we got it 4 years ago.

This morning it stopped mid cycle - done this before - so like before I started to empty the filter. After much water going everywhere, eventually came across a few coins an a twisted up pair of eyebrow tweezers!

So started the machine again, it went for a bit, stopped, then the dial keeped cliking round and round. Stopped the machine, turned the dial to the reset dial and switched it back on.

Went fine for 1/2 hour, but has now stopped again and dial keeps turning round and round.

I phoned Indesit they want 150 to come out and repair. Told them I'd rather buy a new machine!

Any idea what I should do before going out and buying a new one?

Ta

Sponsored Links
red light is flashing while the dial rotates. count the flashes between pauses, let us know and we'll try to help.

Yes the red light flashes. I've turned the machine off now as the dial just kept turning.

I didn't want to turn machine back on again for same thing to happen and there be even more water in the drum than there is now!

Let me know if I should switch it back on again to count the flashes!?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back