Help! Is my boiler going to explode / burn the house down?

My feeling is that if your gas engineer doesn't report it to HSE, then you should report *him* to Gas Safe. What do others think? As I understand it, reporting is not optional for him.

Sponsored Links
We just want to say that we are a reputable company, that always seeks to do the right thing for customers, and that includes carrying out all our work safely. If mistakes are made, we want to work with the customer to put them right, to their satisfaction, as quickly as possible, and we have industry-approved systems for making sure that happens. We can't go into detail on this particular case, due to customer confidentiality. But we have made it clear to the customer we're very willing and eager to investigate the concerns raised. Sorry, we can't get into a debate and about the ins and outs of what happened. But we do all we can to make sure the customer is satsified with the final outcome. All the best.

Gulliver Hill, Technical Director, Superproof.

We just want to say that we are a reputable company, that always seeks to do the right thing for customers, and that includes carrying out all our work safely. If mistakes are made, we want to work with the customer to put them right, to their satisfaction, as quickly as possible, and we have industry-approved systems for making sure that happens. We can't go into detail on this particular case, due to customer confidentiality. But we have made it clear to the customer we're very willing and eager to investigate the concerns raised. Sorry, we can't get into a debate and about the ins and outs of what happened. But we do all we can to make sure the customer is satsified with the final outcome. All the best.

Thank you for replying.

What you have posted does not make this suddenly unreportable to the HSE. Your industry approved systems have obviously not been implemented as the kind of situation pictured in the opening post should have been hammered into your operatives on day one in the same way that Cavity Wall insulation operatives should know the very basics about ventilation and gas safety.

I politely suggest that this operative be sent on a course and whoever was responsible for his training [sic] be reprimanded severely.

Sponsored Links
A person with a similar name has held this appointment

Service Manager
Company Name Flue Diligence Ltd.
Dates Employed Feb 2014 – Jul 2015
Employment Duration 1 yr 6 mos
Location Milton Keynes

Flue Diligence Ltd. undertook the cleaning & maintenance of commercial kitchen grease ducts.

My feeling is that if your gas engineer doesn't report it to HSE, then you should report *him* to Gas Safe. What do others think? As I understand it, reporting is not optional for him.

Quite right. If we come across a reportable situation, not necessarily an incident, we are REQUIRED to report.

Not that I ever have.

Thank you for posting your reply on the forum, however I hope that you lose vast amounts of business until your Industry approved systems are sorted, and you audit your operatives properly, we have all made mistakes at some point in our career, but this is totally unforgivable and should never have happened, anyone reading this and thinking of using Superproof , personally I would rather have the other vermin in my house

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back