Help! Is my boiler going to explode / burn the house down?

Anyone remember the height above a flammable surface?

Sponsored Links
As in cooker hood above a hob? 650mm - and the relevance of your question in relation to this thread?

Sponsored Links
Well, at least you're guaranteed mouse free for 1 year.

Not sure what you mean about the air vent FiremanT
That type of appliance would normally require an air vent in the same room, to supply it with the correct amount of ventilation. Did they block that too?

If this isn't a wind up then that company's employees and their supervisors/bosses/trainers need a swift kick up the ar$e as their employees could be creating life threatening situations as in this case. That's where RIDDOR and the HSE come in.

Well I remembered the 225 mm dimension.

But did not want to state it in case anyone complained I was giving out gas safe information.

In the picture the boiler looks as if it does not meet that distance. Surprised no one else noticed.

Thanks all for all the information - you've really helped me out, flying pink pigs notwithstanding (y).

I've got a Gas Safe engineer coming tomorrow morning to sort everything out, will be looking hard at a RIDDOR report, and will see how SuperProof decide they want to deal with this...

That type of appliance would normally require an air vent in the same room, to supply it with the correct amount of ventilation. Did they block that too?

If this isn't a wind up then that company's employees and their supervisors/bosses/trainers need a swift kick up the ar$e as their employees could be creating life threatening situations as in this case. That's where RIDDOR and the HSE come in.

Yep there is an air vent in the room - situated high up so they didn't seal it up. Not sure of the dimensions so I'll ask the engineer if it's all up to spec.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back