help - leak coming from my car roof!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With all this heavy rain at the moment ( :( ) I've noticed a pretty bad leak coming from the roof of my Y reg Peugeot 206. I've located it coming from where the aerial is attached to the roof, and water is dripping through into the inside where the interiot light fixture is! First question - is this dangerous?

Second question - is there anything I can do to help fix this myself? Or do I need to shell out lots of cash to a Peugeot dealer to fix it for me?!

Sponsored Links
You may be able to somehow unclip the head-lining and get to the fixing from underneath. It may simply be loose and just require re-tightening, or even a new rubber seal. It's not that hard, just a little daunting to start removing interior trim!!

Good luck!

Had this same problem on a Citroen zx. Sounds like access to aerial is similar on a peugeot.I removed the twin centre lamp assembly,removed the aerial lead and then the mounting nut.Cleaned up and refitted with some silicone sealer.No more leaks.Pretty sure you will not need to disturb the headlining.

poonum said:
With all this heavy rain at the moment ( :( ) I've noticed a pretty bad leak coming from the roof of my Y reg Peugeot 206. I've located it coming from where the aerial is attached to the roof, and water is dripping through into the inside where the interiot light fixture is! First question - is this dangerous?
?!

It may well be dangerous during a heavy downpour - if too much water enters the car you may drown.

Sponsored Links
you should be able to pop out the interior light and gain access to it.

Then get busy with the sealant on removing the base of the aerial.

Good luck

this is common on french cars apparently, what usually causes this is taking the car thru the car wash, the top brush pushes down on the ariel mounting slightly deforming the roof where the seal is made - usually not noticable by eye. use clear silicone to reseal arial to roof - u should be able to get the the fixing nut by removing the interior light - also you should effo fiox this, not only will it cause rust and very possible electrical probs but over a period of thime your car will stink frm damp!

hope this helps

Back