help me i'm revising

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i need to know for sure, how do you connect an intermediate lighting circuit using 3 core + earth? baring in mind this is only going to be done on a 2m by 2m wall, it will not be done on site or in a domestic household, and i'm only 16 so.. all the help i can get please :D

Sponsored Links
Since this is an educational exercise you might like to know that there's a third way of wiring 2-way light switches but it should never be used:

You connect both L1 terminals to Live and both L2 terminals to Neutral. The light goes between the two COM terminals. Spot the stupid mistake!

Sponsored Links
If you use the third method, both feeds to the light should be sheathed red, as either side might be live. It was once common in counties with centre tap mains (2 phases with 220 between them rather than one L and one E )
Parts of Oostend used to be wired like this many moons ago, but the three phases of 135V, 220 between any pair has long since gone away to become 230V live, grounded neutral. (rather like DC mains in the UK, which was made AC between the wars.)
Groeten
Mike.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back