HELP! Need to accurately cut chipboard flooring in situ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathroom has water damage to the chipboard flooring, mainly under the bath. I need to quickly cut out and replace some sections in situ. I have tried saws and jigsaws, but access is awkward and I cannot get a clean and straight enough cut. I am moving out of the property in 2 days, so time is short and I need a tool that will do the job quickly and effectively. The flooring is 18mm. Will a biscuit joiner do it? I need something like a hand held circular saw that I can set the depth. I was thinking of phoning speedy hire to see what they have...

Sponsored Links
circular saw and a strait edge/batton screwed to the floor with blade and screws set to not quite break the bottom surface

if your floor is shot it will need replacing several inches away from the apparent dammage area you need to join on a joist or noggin or support the edges together with 2x1 treated or planed

in general you cannot replace little bits here and there if theres more than 2 small areas under the bath the chances are you will have to remove the bath and replace the floor

When sawing through the bathroom floor, be sure to cut through some pipes and cables just below the surface.

And when nailing down the new flooring, go through some more.

It's traditional.

When sawing through the bathroom floor, be sure to cut through some pipes and cables just below the surface.

And when nailing down the new flooring, go through some more.

It's traditional.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That' why it's so important to maximise the depth of cut of that circular saw

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back