help needed please, i need a part for:

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( Worcester Boshh 240 central heating combi. 7 rads, central heating has no problem. Hot water showing small black dots when you fill bath, these dots are like oil granules!! I think maybe the diaphram is breaking down also there is a reducer pipe from the water tank to the diaphram housing which has a small leak in it, one drip every 2 minutes, i need this pipe its about 5cm long, i can get this i think locally. Now the reason i think the diaphram housing is going down is because sometimes when you turn on the water the 2 microswitches are not make being switched so the water runs through cold, then other times it runs hot. please advise.
thanks
pete

Sponsored Links
It does sound as if you need to replace the diaphragm.

When you do that the telescoping section on the right of the diverter has to be replaced as that would have started leaking anyway. In your case its already leaking!

Tony Glazier

thank you Tony, will i need to replace the diverter as a whole or just the diaphram? the telescopic tube i didnt realise it was a telescopic. I thought it was a reducer only. I will geta new one when i get the diaphram or diverter. I hale from Radcliffe Manchester and cant find a local shop for these bits so is there any web service shop?

Cheers
Pete

If there is no other fault you can change only the diaphragm if you are clever, its a bit fiddly. You will need silicone grease.

There will be a Parts Centre which may still be under HRPC or Heating Replacement... There may also be a Plumbase/T&T/Time and Temperature which will/stock/order them.

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back