Help needed regarding Focal Point Flueless Gasfire

briest";p="1401349 said:
It was a local corgi registered engineer, not Focal Point.

Kevin, I am genuinely looking for help, but all you have done is post snide comments. Why bother?!
ignore his tone he is trying to save your lives, get it removed , then chase for a refund if the fire is faulty do not take a replacement

Sponsored Links
Can one of these flueless jobbies be fitted in a bog standard class 1 flue? and does that in anyway reduce the issues taked about?

Is the 100mmsq min vent still then required

that is a joke

isn't it :rolleyes:

or how would you propose to fit a FLUELESS fire in a FLUE :confused:

If only everything in life was as reliable as a Kevplumb, :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: put your obnoxious mouth aside for one moment and ignore me or post seriously.

Let me fill you in, (Oh how I wish I could). For the benefit of others.

Daughter bought a flueless gas fire from BQ last night, never heard of them myself untill then. I assumemed the things were intended to fit in flush with the wall. After looking into this it seems they aren't they stand off the depth of the unit.

Now understanding that it seems crap in a room that has a class1 flue, we need a suitable flush mounted unit instead.

The fire will go back as I can't see any reason for a non flush flush gas fire.

Any recommendations for a suitable unit, 4 x 5 metre dining room with good chimbley

If only everything in life was as reliable as a Kevplumb, icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif put your obnoxious mouth aside for one moment and ignore me or post seriously.

stop talking crap then

feel free to try :rolleyes:

Daughter bought a flueless gas fire from BQ last night,

then she wants her head examining :eek:

Now understanding that it seems crap in a room that has a class1 flue

so why not get a inset fire :idea:

Any recommendations for a suitable unit, 4 x 5 metre dining room with good chimbley

take your pick none of them are that good as far as heat output is concerned :idea:

If only everything in life was as reliable as a Kevplumb, icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif put your obnoxious mouth aside for one moment and ignore me or post seriously.

stop talking crap then

feel free to try :rolleyes:

Daughter bought a flueless gas fire from BQ last night,

then she wants her head examining :eek:

take your pick none of them are that good as far as heat output is concerned :idea:

Kevin, I'll be nice to you, I'll say I'm sorry and say I mis- understood you, feel better? good 'cos I lied ;)

Once again you don't read posts, make negative posts against anyone you take a dislike to and don't really try to help in anyway. You are also an ugly dog by the look of your profile, but you can't help that I supose.

I suppose I could ban you from my posts or you the other way round, but you don't open any, just get off on slating anyone the feel superior to, that really didn't ought to be many. Enjoy your life, nobody else does :D

Sponsored Links

take your pick none of them are that good as far as heat output is concerned :idea:[/quote]

So in answer to the couple of genuine replies Kev made, are no inset gas fire units of any worthwhile efficiency??

and as far as i am concerned you are nothing but a bull merchant that likes trying to be clever

end result is you get threads locked / removed FACT

me i couldn't care less

but i don't see why some unsuspecting member of the public should read the crap you post

some may actually belive you know what you are talking about

now that would be a danger

AFAIK Kev has been extremely helpful in the majority of his 18976 posts, and has warranted 368 votes of thanks in the short time the thanks facility has been on the forum. Personal comments aside, the majority of professional gas engineers on here hate those fires with a passion and with good reason. They are extremely sensitive to a number of factors, and when things go wrong they have caused fatalities.

Unfortunately B&Q are allowed to continue selling them to the unsuspecting public, who I imagine purchase them because they havent got a chimney, and like the look of them. In any case they will need a gas installer to fit it, so it is a shame they dont engage a gas engineer from the start who will advise to the available options prior to making any purchase.

Your daughter will require a gas engineer to fit any fire so I would suggest she seeks recommendations as to a good installer in the area. That should ensure she receives good advice about which type of fire would be suitable and would be better informed before making her purchase. Every job has to be assessed thoroughly prior to any installation taking place as there is a long list of factors the engineer has to take into account, to ensure the safety of those who will be using the fire.

AFAIK Kev has been extremely helpful in the majority of his 18976 posts, and has warranted 368 votes of thanks in the short time the thanks facility has been on the forum. Personal comments aside, the majority of professional gas engineers on here hate those fires with a passion and with good reason. They are extremely sensitive to a number of factors, and when things go wrong they have caused fatalities.

Unfortunately B&Q are allowed to continue selling them to the unsuspecting public, who I imagine purchase them because they havent got a chimney, and like the look of them. In any case they will need a gas installer to fit it, so it is a shame they dont engage a gas engineer from the start who will advise to the available options prior to making any purchase.

So what, he has been thanked in 6% of his posts, take a look at how mant times he has been "questioned"

The guys a fraud.

Your daughter will require a gas engineer to fit any fire so I would suggest she seeks recommendations as to a good installer in the area. That should ensure she receives good advice about which type of fire would be suitable and would be better informed before making her purchase. Every job has to be assessed thoroughly prior to any installation taking place as there is a long list of factors the engineer has to take into account, to ensure the safety of those who will be using the fire.

I have to repeat again, we have a perfectly acceptable chimney, class one type, just posted as didn't realise there where flueless fires available. Why do I attract crap from the kevplimbnies of this world,??e fire.

Agreed but like i said It will go back, well it won't actually, it was only ever on order, but why all thiis **** from one member of this forum to resolve this

Topic now locked,

As the OP, I have been verbally assaulted by several established members of this forum and wish to continue the debate or even argument.

If the forum regulators feel this is not fitting maybe they could comment on the attitude of such as Kevplumb or Bengas.

Does there attitude and response fall in line with the aims of this forum???

Thats from another thread, but it does show that he has a propensity for creating arguments that get threads locked!

Tony

Hi, I am not an expert (far from it) on gas fires, flueless or otherwise, but like you I have recently purchased a flueless version. I had different problems to you but if you read the comments posted on my subject title 'Wall Hung Flueless Gas Fire. think Very Carefully!' you will cut your losses and get rid. Some of the comments I received from time served installers scared the living daylights out of me. In a way, with the benefit of hindsight, I am glad I experienced problems as it has highlighted to me the potential danger these fires pose. Good luck.
Alan

Cyclone, If you go back and read your post asking about flueless fires being used in conjunction with flues you will agree that it does appear to be poorly phrased.. It did seem to me that it was designed to start an argument but your following posts clarified that you were simply trying to establish what could and could not be done with your potential purchase. Sadly there are plenty of trolls about and Kev cannot resist a good troll bashing but if you read his posts you will see that he has a lot of good advise, put into a form that only Kev can.

I dislike virtually all gas fires mainly for their inefficiency and their flimsy tinny construction but flueless devices add an extra dimension for me to dislike.... I even disuaded my ex wife from having one in favour of a very attractive electric fire though the odour from the kipper thrown in to her loft insulation did last for quite some time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back