Help needed with potterton lynx please

Lady I went to this evening made soft sculptures. I nearly sat on one made of beeswax. She had a nice voice but had this big bloke there so I had to be content with a coffee, some grapes and a few cherries.

Your boiler is still quite repairable. I rather like them. Try getting a local independent RGI over 45 who will give a no-fix no-fee repair.

Tony

Sponsored Links
You sly dog you.... ;).

Give us a ring tomorrow....

Last lynx I worked on gave one hell of a belt from the air flow sensor... little b@stard!

Sponsored Links
i used to work on these boilers every week for over a year and a half, they eat pcb's, most common thing changed in these is the sequence pcb and faults with the flow senser which is not an obsolete part...

Yes, but time has moved on and the boilers have aged and now the air flow sensors are a more common failure than the system flow sensor.

In any case Sue has already said that she has shorted out the flow sensor and not cured the problem.

Someone who makes cuddly toys shorting out flow sensors?

Tony

The last time i called someone to help fix the boiler,,,He was over 45 had a an elastoplast holding his glasses together,and the first thing he did was to forget to turn off the power he most certainly got a :eek: (poor chap)
then he went to get a part and was gone for 3hours, to top it all he sat on the floor,on his mobile asking for help.. i found his number in the yellow pages well it was supposed to be a reliable company or so i thought. stupid me .After all that he never fixed it and i had to pay...plus they wanted more money .when i rang the office to say it was still not fixed they wanted to charge me more call out!!!!! i told them no tanks(well not quite as polite )That is the only reason i have called BG
Sue

suej said:
After all that he never fixed it and i had to pay...plus they wanted more money .when i rang the office to say it was still not fixed they wanted to charge me more call out!!!!!

Thats why I advised you to get someone who will come on a no-fix no-fee basis. That seperates the men from the boys.

I am not very sure that BG will take on such an old boiler for a one off repair. Some of the parts are no longer available.

Tony

Tony, Sorry i dont know how to do the quote thing,
And i am not sure if you can ask on this site but here goes,,,thank you for that advise can you recommend anyone ????
In the middlesex area?
Sue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back