Help needed with potterton lynx please

Sponsored Links
Tony said:
Thats why I advised you to get someone who will come on a no-fix no-fee basis. That seperates the men from the boys.

Tony covers Middlesex. If he won't come he's just feeling young.

Dan_Robinson said:
Assuming that inc. VAT then that is high for that boiler.
It is including vat .the boiler cost on the quote is £1122.18
I have found the same boiler for £714.00 including vat

Surely you don't begrudge them a profit on the boiler?

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Surely you don't begrudge them a profit on the boiler?
I don't begrudge ,but like the avarage joe ,i'm not made of money.
As for their labour charge i think i do .I have done many job's ,mainly in the motor trade,(garage) and know how it work's .That why i try to do most jobs myself(where possible)

I used to live in Middlesex until they changed it into Brent ! As far as I can gather Middlesex does not exist any more!!!

Sometimes when I wake up I dont feel too young.

I think Dan is the only regular on here under 45 !

Tony

Agile said:
I used to live in Middlesex until they changed it into Brent ! As far as I can gather Middlesex does not exist any more!!!

Sometimes when I wake up I dont feel too young.

I think Dan is the only regular on here under 45 !

Tony
Heard of Hayes?
Well i have had another go at the thing,Cured the leak,But it still goes of after a few mins ,its like it thinks its reached high temp :confused:
Why 45 ?

Probably a silly question but ,,does anyone know where i an get a manual on this boiler?
I have tried in the plumbers shop but no luck.Also another silly question why can't you buy the gasket for the pump on its own
Sue

If you put your email in your profile you'll get a manual.
Partscenter do all the washers, they keep standard sized ones in little bags...

ChrisR said:
If you put your email in your profile you'll get a manual.
Partscenter do all the washers, they keep standard sized ones in little bags...
Thank's for that i have done that now . I made a gasket to fit it ,but will remember that

suej said:
Heard of Hayes?

Yes, I know Heyes as I go there to repair boilers regularly! Down the A312 and turn right!

I also sometimes eat at the Heyes Tandoori although since it moved it is not so enjoyable.

Middlesex is no longer a "County" ! Your post town is Uxbridge and there is no need to include the word Middlesex in the address. You are in the Borough of Hillingdon, I think.

45 is an arbitrary age for someone who might have been well experienced with boilers when the first Lynx was first introduced and have had many years of repairing them. Of course someone working for Potty 10 years ago could also have lots of experience as well. Many engineers now view then as old and not worth repairing and try to say they should be replaced. Not all the parts are still officially available.

Tony

Thank you all for your help :D
I have taken your advise, and arranged for an over 45 (i think)to take a look at it for me , so hopefully i will be boiler happy very soon :D
Thank you all again
Sue

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back