Potterton Lynx 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The reset button on my Potterton Lynx 2 is not working and Potterton have stopped making it.. Does anyone know of where I can locate one or is there an alternative replacement for it ?/ otherwise I have to replace the boiler just for this... Thanks
Thanks... :cry:

Sponsored Links
Its only a single pole single throw spring loaded switch.

Any switch will suit.

They conveniently put it where the pump will leak on to it.

Tony

Have a contract with British Gas and they say the reset switch is not working so the system cannot be reset..they don't have one in stock anymore.. and insist on the boiler being changed as Potterton no longer produce this part..

Sponsored Links
maybe it wont reset cos there's a fault with the boiler ! If it hasnt been leaked on as tony suggested I find it unlikely its faulty. although i may be wrong of course. I'm always a little suspicious when people need a very unusual obsolette part, resulting in the obligatory boiler change!

Well what do you expect?

They want any excuse to stop maintaining an old boiler which is not profitable for them and to quote you for an expensive installation.

They can reset the boiler by linking the two wires to the switch for five seconds to reset it.

I dont see why you cannot get someone else to change the switch for you.

Tony

Thanks both, you confirmed my suspicions. I will look into getting an alternative engineer out and see what they have to say and if so replace the switch with an alternative...

Without much looking you'll find directives, recommendations, blah blah which say you may not substitute any part on a gas applilance for a non-original part, and it suits boiler menders' purposes to take it literally.
Screws...? Needs no comment.
Sometimes it's right and proper of course, but for a switch as long as all the ratings are right - current, voltage, IP protection - and no further problems are introduced because of physical difference, I reckon you've covered all the bases.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back