Potterton Lynx Airflow sensor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have been told that the airflow sensor is no longer available for this original Lynx,
. Does anyone know of anyone with old Potterton boilers who may have a secondhand spare part OR somwhere where I could have one made as they only appear to have a coil and resistor in them? Thanks for your help :cry:

Sponsored Links
I've got one or two somewhere - better dig them out and put them on ebay!

ChrisR said:
Email me, address in profile.
Thanks Chris, my e-mail --- What is best way to give you e-mail address Looking forward to info on Potterton boiler breakers for airflow sensor Regards Alan :)

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
Email me, address in profile.

Good Afternoon, I've just been told today that my airflow sensor has gone too.

The boiler is as per the original poster a :

Potterton Lynx (G.C. No. 47.590.02)

and the Air Flow Sensor is :

Potterton Part 300303, G.C. Part 337 215

I'd like to email you ChrisR, or indeed anyone that could help but I can't establish how to access other member profiles.

Any help gratefully appreciated as, with typical bad timing, my flat is currently on the market so I am reluctant to replace an otherwise perfectly working boiler.

Its almost always the wiring harness rather than the sensor, might be worth trying that first.

ollski said:
Its almost always the wiring harness rather than the sensor, might be worth trying that first.

Thank you for the reply, I'm willing to try anything rather than resort to total replacement of the boiler.

I'm not the most technically minded bloke when it comes to this so please bear with me if I ask a completely stupid question.

Is the wiring harness more readily available?

Thanks to those who have offered advice so far.

If anyone knows of any boiler breakers / salvage firms that might have one of these sensors, please let me know either by email (in my profile) or on the forum.

Thank you.

Well all praise to Raden from this forum who pointed me in the direction of a firm that had a few of these in stock as spare parts.

Picked one up today but can't get it fitted until Monday, fingers crossed it will work ok.

Thanks again Raden and everyone else that took the time to help out.

If anyone else has the same problem, feel free to email me (address in my profile) and I will give you the details of the firm I went to in North London.

KeanosMagicHat said:
Well all praise to Raden from this forum who pointed me in the direction of a firm that had a few of these in stock as spare parts.

Picked one up today but can't get it fitted until Monday, fingers crossed it will work ok.

If anyone else has the same problem, feel free to email me (address in my profile) and I will give you the details of the firm I went to in North London.

Please can you give me the details of the company you bought the part from. I don't know how to get your email address.

luky said:
KeanosMagicHat said:

Please can you give me the details of the company you bought the part from. I don't know how to get your email address.

Sorry I did not pick this up earlier.

I've now replied to your email, hope you get it sorted.

Before you replace the sensor, remember to check that the air flow sensor wires are not the problem as these are more readily available.

OK Folks,

Can I join the club as today I was told that My Airflow Sensor has gone U/S so PLEASE could I have the address of the company as well .
I'm sorry but I can't see anyones profiles to get the e-mail add...

Thanks in Advance

Thanks Kevplumb,

But one slight problem... Can't see the name in Blue !..

Hmmm...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back