help please. baxi combi 80 eco.

Dont throw your plate away clean it for next time . And if you ever decide to change boiler just stick the HE version of the boiler in the 105 HE (potterton performa 30he is exactly the same) Fit onto your existing jig with no alteration except maybe knocking flue hole an inch higher and adding condensate pipe

Sponsored Links
namsag,thanks for reply,yes i can clean it out.
is the preforma 30he based on the barcelona heat engine design,is it a band a or b boiler.
thanks.

No that piece of shyte barcelona has long gone,
The performa is exactly the same as a baxi 105HE which is basically the same as your present boiler except it has an additional heat exchanger in the combustion chamber to get the extra heat out of the flue gases and a couple of extra thermostats. Band B

Sponsored Links
your gonna tell me its based on barcelona :oops: didnt notice the resemblence

namsag thanks for reply.
sorry i confused a baxi 130he for a preforma.
the 130he i think is a barcelona/promax he+has a heat engine to provide heat for a combi use.
not many good reviews here.yet.
heck its a big machine to hang on your wall.
is the preforma a class A combi or a class B combi,i want a reliable boiler not really worried about gas comsumption just reliabialty.

The Performa is exactly the same as a Baxi 105HE which is basically the same as your present boiler except it has an additional heat exchanger in the combustion chamber to get the extra heat out of the flue gases and a couple of extra thermostats.

Band B

Obviously too many postings to read and digest!

If you are not borthered about gas consumption then its not relevant to you if its a Band A or Band B.

Most Band As are 91" or 92%

Most band Bs are 87% or 88% or even 89%.

There is one when the makers claim their traditional boiler with a recouperator is a Band A !

Close inspection of the specs will show you that its only the LPG verson which achieves band A and the nat gas version ( 99.99 of all sales! ) is still band B like all the others!

But thats the only boiler maker which gives their installers an out of hours number for tech help so I dont name them!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back