HELP! Topping up pressure of RD 532 condensing boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just bled some radiators (despite a BG engineer having come around a month ago to do a full service, and ticking the box saying that he had bled the radiators -- some were still half full of air -- complete con). Now the pressure has plummeted and I need to top it back up before we get our heating and hot water back.

I have the instruction manual and the installation manual, but NEITHER seems to tell me how to do this simple job !!! The instruction manual says "your installer will have told you how to do this"... without bothering to say how to do it in the manual! We weren't in the house when the system was installed! Why don't they just tell me!!

Anyhow, please can you give me some clues as to what to do.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Sponsored Links
you should have (usually near the boiler) a filling loop.

turn the tap(s) on, watch the needle on gauge till it reads 1-1.5bar, turn off tap(s)

Thanks for the quick response. Do I turn the taps on with the boiler OFF, without anything circulating, or with it ON?

Thanks,

Mike

P.S. Also, I can see what looks like a filling loop, but there is a tap only on one end of the loop. I guess that is just a variation on a theme, and that I just turn that single tap on. Just don't want to turn something that clearly isn't a tap on the filling loop!

Do I turn the taps on with the boiler OFF, without anything circulating, or with it ON?
OFF

but there is a tap only on one end of the loop. I guess that is just a variation on a theme, and that I just turn that single tap on
yes

Sponsored Links
Mick, you're a star. Didn't expect a response quite so quickly, nor one that was quite so straightforward to carry out. Why on earth couldn't they just tell me that in the "user instructions"?! I guess that one installation might vary from the next in minor details as far as the pipework and taps are concerned, so they might think they can't offer any advice other than "your installer showed you how", but a quick illustration like yours was all I needed.

I appreciate your help.

Mike

no problem

as for manufacturers giving instructions - if its not an integral filler - it could be anything from the pic to just a stop cock on a pipe or washing machine hose etc. etc. etc.

Out of interest, if the pressure is slightly on the high side, I reduce it just by bleeding out some of the water from a radiator?

I opened the filling tap just enough to take the pressure to the lower end of what was recommended. Then, over the last couple of days, the pressure has risen to be near the top end of what is recommended. Not sure why that would be. Still OK, but I don't want it to get any higher.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back