HELP WANTED IN REPLACING VAILLANT 824E COMBI PRESSURE RELIEF

Unfortunatly as you say the country has pointed way to far in the direction of health and safety and is this day and age of liabilty problems that is mainly the reason we do not like to offer out to much information on these sort of issues,
Especially as for us guys to have access to further stuff this site does have a record of our registration numbers.

To be honest going from what you originally posted i would suggest that prv's generalyy dont start dripping for no reason at all and would advise you get someone to investigate the initial cause of this.
What advice i would give you is that the prv replacement shouldn't take anymore than 30 mins and dependent on travel distance for your local engineer you would be looking at a maximum 2hours (shouldn't even be that) so it wouldn't be an awfull high cost to have it checked properly and let someone else worry if they mess it up.

Sponsored Links
bell824 - Well, yes, I do now quite see what you mean about aiding and abetting! Oh dear, to live in a lawyer free zone. And you're probably right about letting somebody else do the worrying. It's just that I've been there, albeit in a slightly different landscape and some time ago, and it looked like a perfectly simple job to do. Very many thanks for your input. I'll try to take up something a little more relaxing. Gardening, perhaps. Or sleeping. Kind regards. Over and out.

Blimey Chris I being slated an I ain't said anything yet! An yes that is mine an mr 831 s vans from circa 1986 in remsheid the last of the proper factory engineers ! An just for u

Sponsored Links
As Bunnyman said its my van with German export plates on before it was registered in the UK. Took in a Stourbridge hotel car park where I 'lived' for six weeks before leaving for Germany.

On the PRV thing, is it not a Turbomax 824 which the OP can change the valve without removing anything gas related????? Need to check the vessel pressure though because that's likely why it leaked in the first place.

another valid point i suppose 831 yes the turbomax can be changed without affecting gas parts, but his definitly sounds like the ecotec.

Another thread dries up with us talking between ourselves....

Did it ever get fixed? :rolleyes:

probabl paid for it to get done, now we don't know if it was the turbo, max or tec and none of us get credited :) but hey ho we give this advice for bugger all!

Having pressure problems with my boiler so I googled around. Found this thread, funniest thing I have read in ages. I had to join the forum so I could tell you that you boys are funny. I do hope sukitawdry managed to fix his PRV, will we ever know!!! Thanks for making me smile. I think I will call a plumber (if my husband lets me!!) x

I expect that he fixed it himself in spite of the warning we gave him.

I also hope that he called someone qualified who would check the gas settings and the generally safety of the boiler which is something that the qualified have to do but DIYers never think of that.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back