help - washing maching leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
i think that my washing machine is leaking, everytime i wash the floor is flooded with water, can anyone tell me how to unblock the pipes
thanks
friendlybabe

Sponsored Links
Blocked what??? - stop guessing and get hold of someone capable of having a look.
Could even be mice have eaten through a pipe.

It's not the right forum but I used to service/repair washing machines, and most of the time it was the door boot. That's the rubber ring behind the glass. There are other culprits but that's the first place to look. New boot 10 to 20 quid, but a fairly skilled job to change it.

Differential diagnosis

Main drum bearing seal
Sump strainer assembly has a wire from a wiure cup bra sticking through it's side
Rubber connector from soap tray to drum, but only expect this if it's a 10 year old machine.

Put it on bricks get a torch out run it and see where water comes from or study it inside front and back for signs of water having run like soap/hard water marks, trace them back to their source.

hi
the pipes are the thing that i think is blocked because the washing maschine is working but everytime the waste water is suppose to go down the drain it ends up on the kitchen floor, i do no t have mice in my house unless they can get in from the outside then i am not sure if there is any mice out there

i thought i could unblock it myself, if not i would call the plumer out

thanks
friendlybabe

Sponsored Links
When I have this problem it is normally the connector where the pipe from the machine joins the waste water pipe, on mine this can be unscrewed and there is a plastic bar in it that picks up crud from the machine's waste, eventually blocking it. Failing that the same pipe could be blocked/split anywhere along it's length. They are not too difficult to remove, means taking the back off the washer, if you attempt this PLEASE UNPLUG FROM THE MAINS ELECTRIC.

You need to check that the waste hose is properly pushed into the waste pipe.

Maybe pull the washer forward to watch behind it when its pumping out.

Are you one of the friendly babes on those Sky channels? ( Which I have to watch when there are no plumbing jobs to go to ).

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back