help with optima xm alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im having some issues with my optima xm alarm, it started off making a weird squealing noise and thought it was the battery and when i took the front off it went louder then once i had removed the battery it still continued then i pressed the reset button and what i thought was the 4 digit code it then went nuts and i mean nuts i have looked at the manual on web to reset the code but dose not have any effect as i cant remember the code for it to reset it, is there any way i can get it bk to factory settings for the original code? as for the moment i have had to unplug the speakers. Any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you have the user/ engineers manual which was / is all one manual you will find the details on there what to do.

no i dont only have the manual on web? but because i dont know the old code i cant set a new one lol

Sponsored Links
the information is on there that you need, I would just be doing the same reading it as I cant remember but its about linking and power cycle.

yeeeeaaaaa think this is way over my head think ill call some one out dont like messing with wires lol

where in Lanchasire are you?

the panel may be dead or the fuses I do have some spare boards for the optima XM.

based in bolton but for time being i cant do anything with it its driving me nuts just a bugger i dont know the code tried the factory 0123 but nothing plus to get the front bk on and try it all speakers and have to be reattached and cant do with that noise at this time lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back