OPTIMA XM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Optima XM Alarm with 3 zones, lounge, kitchen and landing, I want to disable the landing alarm - I know how to do this by omitting a zone when setting the alarm but can I permanently omit a zone???

HELP, Sally

Sponsored Links
Hi Sally,

To remove the zone for a long duration your are better off disconnecting it from the panel. A link across the zone.

Before you even think about doing this yourself remember that there is 240v inside your panel. So you have to isolate before opening.

A further alternative would be simply to mask ie 'blindfold' the sensor with a piece of cardboard cut to shape and taped in place.
provided the sensor isnt fairly recent with anti mask technology.

Thanks, I have removed the cover and see a blue and yellow wire into the zone 3, I have removed them - can you tell me what I do now??

Hi Sally,

To remove the zone for a long duration your are better off disconnecting it from the panel. A link across the zone.

Before you even think about doing this yourself remember that there is 240v inside your panel. So you have to isolate before opening.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back