Optima XM alarm won't set & PIRs not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
When attempting to set the Optima XM alarm, all zone red lights flash and panel makes rapid bleeping sound. Also the PIRs are not lighting up when entering a room. Have checked the two internal fuses beneath the keypad and they are ok.
Any ideas or advice please? Thank you in anticipation

Sponsored Links
How ? By sight ? Or by a multimeter ? , how old is it , when was the battery last replaced as they suffer with burn out by not replacing the back up battery

Hi, thank you for replying. I checked the fuses with a continuity tester and they were Ok. The battery is several years old - so if that was defective - would that cause that particular problem?

Further to my last comment - some more information that may be of some help. I set the alarm as normal to go out and it worked ok allowing me to leave the house. I returned through a different entrance deliberately triggering the alarm to test it as it had not been tested for a while. I entered the code to shut off the alarm - which it did - and after that I noticed the PIRs in the rooms were not working. Tried to set the alarm again and this is when I got all the zone lights flashing. Tried RESET a few times without any improvement. May make sense to someone more knowledgeable than me!

Sponsored Links
Check to see if you have 13.6 volts at aux on panel
Also remove battery and check battery leads for 13.6 volts
If ok you need to check sensors for voltage ?
That panel will probably have high aux volts 14.v ish

Thanks Handymanjo I appreciate your reply but too technical for me and no testing gear.

Was the fuse tested still in panel ? If so remove it as I can read ok via the pcb

THANK YOU Sparkymarka! Removed both fuses from panel and both 'blown' Will get some replacements as soon as I can and let you know how I get on.

weirder and weirder! Changed fuses and now PIR's work but the keyboard is 'dead' nothing happens when the buttons are pressed. Only the red power light showing - no green day light.

Lid is on and reset pressed but the keypad does not respond to anything. Maybe it's time to ditch it as it is quite old now? Only thing I can think of , is that it may be the battery or something on the circuit board that I would not be able to deal with. All connections seem secure.

Could be locked out ?
You need to remove battery and now remove mains power to down power and now re apply power to reboot.
Dependent on age of panel you could lose you programming and need to re program
Default factory user code 0123 if programming lost

Yes
Power up mains first and reset alarm and see if keypad works
That you you see if battery causing lock out ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back