Optima XM alarm won't set & PIRs not working

Thanks very much will try that in the morning - have to go out now. Advice much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Checked back of circuit board and no apparent discolouring. Switched off mains electricity, removed battery then powered up again. Power light came on and now the green day light but still nothing from the keypad. Re-connected battery but no change. So I have power and day light lit, PIRs working but no response from the keypad on any button.

Are you sure there is no tamper light showing , did the alarm go off internally when you powered it up ?Post picture of panel , also behind keypad is a large resistor is it burnt ?

Yes internal bell did go off when I powered it up and the keypad allowed me to put in the code to stop it. But after that the keypad was dead.
With regards to the tampers I took them off a while ago, as I go away a lot and there was often a malfunction from the bell box and strobe which involved our neighbours. I now use an internal sounder in the garage which is very loud indeed and it has all worked ok until the latest problem.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I really appreciate your patience but think I will just give up on it! Its just that I really like to know what's going on when things are not working.
I went through the basics again. Disconnected battery, switched off mains supply. Switched on mains again (one peep) from my sounder and faint ringing of bell in panel which just died off in seconds. Connected battery again and now no green day light nor PIRs working. GRRRRRRR!
But really THANK you very much for your help.

I think your internal sounder has an issue I would disconnect that , then re-power it up

Took out the bell wires from the panel and repowered up. Internal panel bell ringing loudly. Put code in and it stops the ringing. Tamper light now showing which goes out on reset. BUT no PIR's.
Reconnected the alarm sounder/ bell, powered up again and same thing - internal bell goes off and stops with the code entry, Showing Tamper which goes to Green day after reset button pressed. Keypad responds again but no PIRs detecting movement. I tried setting the alarm with the code and all zone lights flashing and bleeping quickly. Stops with code entry and get green day light again. Still no PIR's detecting. It seems to be doing what it likes!

I had a problem before
I disconnected all zones (label wires eg zone one -zone two etc )
Then loop the zones
Power back up
See if it sets of it does then you know it's not the panel then add the zones back one at a time .

Also take out the aux power to pirs and return them one by one see if can find the fault

Thank you very much to everyone who has responded in trying to help me with my problem. I am not going to have the time to 'fiddle' around any more for a little while. I will go through all the suggestions again at a later date.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back