Help!!! Worcester 24i RSF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a worcester 24i RSF combi - yesterday I lost pressure, water leaked i think via auto air vent. No leaks anywhere else

I refilled system started the boiler boiler requested heat for CH - water now gushes out of the auto air vent boiler starts to kettle over heat stat trips water continues to pour out of auto air vent.

What as gone wrong? could the auto air vent be faulty, I've checked the CH thermistor reads 10 - 12K looks okay - I released the remaining pressure via air release valve to stop water pouring out - any help ideas appreciated -

Regards

Phil

Sponsored Links
From your description, it appears that the AAV could be scaled, therefore releasing water and air. Does the pump run?

i'm not sure about the pump - if it is its very quiet - i don't have time to take the front off to look at the shaft rotating before the water starts gushing out of the AAV - can i check it with no system pressure or reduced pressure just very briefly

Should the AAV not pass water at any time?

Is it okay to replace the AAV if the pressure is 0 bar as i can see no shut off valves for the CH return or flow.

Thanks for your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back