hituf cable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
is 3 core hituf cable acceptable for use as a permanent supply to my shed from my cu (clipped directly along the top side of the wall down the gaden) with no additional protection. i believe it is just double checking. easier to isolate than the swa.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
We don't select cables on how easy they are to terminate.

We select them for which is most suitable to the environment it is to be installed in.

Why isnt hituf allowed then?
I thought it had the same rating and protection as armoured

I wouldnt know ive never used the gear, thought i saw it on an advert somewhere.
So is that all it is, an extra layer?

I wouldnt know ive never used the gear, thought i saw it on an advert somewhere.
So is that all it is, an extra layer?
Pretty much, yeah. Look at photos of it stripped back (one on TLC). It has an extra layer (think its XLPE but still not steel armour - steel armour has XLPE insulation)

i know swa is the obvious one but the hituf looked like it could do the job as well
Well you should know that it cant. I'm a DIYer (with way above average electrical knowledge) but I know you cannot go running hituff down to a shed.

**** on its own.

EDITed to satisfy Coljack's pedantic post below. ;) :cool:

i know swa is the obvious one but the hituf looked like it could do the job as well
Well you should know that it cant. I'm a DIYer (with way above average electrical knowledge) but I know you cannot go running hituff down to a shed.

that's a rather sweeping statement..
hituf is perfectly ok to wire down to a shed.. PROVIDING it's in an earthed metalic duct... sich as steel conduit..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back