Honda crv 07. remove bolt from snapped oil sensor

But if you guess that are too long and can snap ca try to get the short one like yours. Do you have any link where can get them?
Heres mine. Don’t know where you’d get them these days. The imperial sizes should give you a clue how long I’ve had them!
20C709E7-E7FF-4BAC-B778-4267DD0553D5.jpeg
EB6E7925-14B1-48AD-AF04-1E9E73A76767.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Isn't all Snap-on gear the Apple of car tools...fan boys paying over the odds for average tools :)
It is good although probably overpriced. I haven't acquired any SnapOn stuff since I left a job in 2010 where all my SnapOn stuff was bought on the firm as 'training tools'. Guess what, when I left I only forgot to take them out of my tool boxes. ;):LOL:

Having hard time guys. Tried with the extractor nothing. Didn't push too hard to avoid snapping in. Brought to a garage. They played for a bit and called me back saying they were not able to do it and need to be drilled through and taped again. Job not will done before 4 weeks. I picked up car again for last my attempt. Bolt seems to have some string filler block or glue ( Damn whoever done it). Will take radiator and everything apart. Do you reckon a bit of bluetorch can be used to warm area?

Running out idea

Damn and thrice damn....didn't want to hear this!
All I can say is if it was mine I'd hammer the extractor well in (the extractor won't break but it may chew it's way out again). Perhaps try tightening first before undoing?
The sensor could well have sealing compound or PTFE tape to prevent leaks - for sure some heat wouldn't do any harm!
Be lucky
John :)

Damn and thrice damn....didn't want to hear this!
All I can say is if it was mine I'd hammer the extractor well in (the extractor won't break but it may chew it's way out again). Perhaps try tightening first before undoing?
The sensor could well have sealing compound or PTFE tape to prevent leaks - for sure some heat wouldn't do any harm!
Be lucky
John :)

Heating gun is strong enough or would be blowtorch? If flame would be safe with the oil inside?

Heating gun is strong enough or would be blowtorch? If flame would be safe with the oil inside?

Try to use a pencil flame and on just the stub of the switch. Oil is flammable, but not that flammable unless vaporised. Keep a hosepipe or extinguisher to hand though, just in case.

Last such switch I looked at, had a thin metal threaded 'shell', with a thick hard plastic tubular centre leading to the bulbous diaphragm pressure switch. If yours is like that, could bust the plastic out, then try to fold the metal shell into the centre to release it?

Sponsored Links
Back