Honeywell CM67 Thermostat

Sponsored Links
No green light means no go sorry to say…

If the boiler does not receive the ‘go signal’ it would turn off.

Suspect that due the age of the Honeywell unit you would need a complete replacement set.

Last gasp here… and for desperate times only. Find a method of manually operating the override button keeping the green light on) to give yourself a good period of ‘on’

Disclaimer alert, this is very much at your own risk and liability (ssssshhhh, you’ll need to to use your imagination and raid the Christmas wrapping dept in a dusty drawer for a possible solution)

Thank you for the quick response.

So am I right in thinking then that the green light on the receiver should be on at all times, not just when it's sending a command to the boiler?

And why is it that it will come on and stay on, but when it feels like it, several hours later?

The green light is only illuminated when the room thermostat tells it to.

But, by operating the override button on the receiver unit (and your current circumstances are just what it is designed for) you can ‘force’ the boiler into staying on.

You’ll still need to get another complete unit though. In my experience the CM67 is as robust and durable as any, but I reckon they have an operational life of maybe ten years and are on borrowed time after that.

Sponsored Links
Again for you for replying and your patience!

I assume if I can get the override to stay on, then I can't control the temp from the stat?

I'll try and figure out the override and how to keep that on and look at possible replacements, do feel free to suggest some! It's a 2-bed house with 6 rads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back