Honeywell DT92E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help had this installed a few months now without problems,now for some reason the ECO has been turning it self on full temp at 2am. I have tried to reset the system only to find that the thermostat control will NOT communicate with the receiver. Also when going through the sequence the reciever light went from GREEN top to ORANGE (flashing bottom).I had to overide to manual to get the boiler to fire up. Now both lights are on (orange flashing) and I can't get orange to go OFF! Or get the thermostat to show the flame symbol.HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Check with the plumbers, but the following might make you go "aha" - they are all things I have noticed with my Drayton wireless programmer.

Yes, OK - different make but who knows....

Going to a strange temperature

Have you been overriding it in the evenings?

The way the Drayton Digistat works is to store not the temperature you want at each time period, but the delta between one and the next. e.g. say that overnight you have it set to 18°, going up to 21° at 06:00, and one day you get up early and think "**** me it's chilly", and manually take it up to 21°, then at 06:00 the programmer thinks "right-oh, time to raise the temperature by 3°", and takes it up to 24°. Maybe yours does the same.

Losing communication

I've noticed the following:

Power cuts screw up the comms, often requiring the "relearning" process to match transmitter & receiver to be gone through again.

The batteries in the transmitter go flat enough to cause random loss of communication long before the transmitter decides that they are flat enough for it to put the low battery symbol up.

ATEOD though yours is still under guarantee, so maybe get it replaced?

Check with the plumbers, but the following might make you go "aha" - they are all things I have noticed with my Drayton wireless programmer.

Yes, OK - different make but who knows....

Going to a strange temperature

Have you been overriding it in the evenings?

The way the Drayton Digistat works is to store not the temperature you want at each time period, but the delta between one and the next. e.g. say that overnight you have it set to 18°, going up to 21° at 06:00, and one day you get up early and think "**** me it's chilly", and manually take it up to 21°, then at 06:00 the programmer thinks "right-oh, time to raise the temperature by 3°", and takes it up to 24°. Maybe yours does the same.

Losing communication

I've noticed the following:

Power cuts screw up the comms, often requiring the "relearning" process to match transmitter & receiver to be gone through again.

The batteries in the transmitter go flat enough to cause random loss of communication long before the transmitter decides that they are flat enough for it to put the low battery symbol up.

ATEOD though yours is still under guarantee, so maybe get it replaced?
B

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back