Honeywell Evohome Fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone. I have just finished fitting evohome in my house. I tried to follow up guidelines as much as possible but i could not find exact match with instruction provided so I'm hoping someone could have a look and judge if i need any changes to wiring I've done.

Let me start with what I have in my house. Its typical Y plan system with:
boiler Worecaster 24i
3 way motorised walve
pump
cylinder

I was planning to use hot water kit for cylinder and 2 wireless sensors for radiators. I have included wiring diagram of how I fitted evohome into my existing system. As of now it works, no major problems but there is one thing that bothers me. Once in a while a quick flashing blue light on the boiler happens and i wonder why this could be. Maybe wiring error? I fed boiler live from 1 and switched live from 8. My last question is if i should connect both LL together in Wireless Relay box (HTG)

Heating.jpg

Sponsored Links
I'll give you a clue. That's anS plan wiring diagram for a start.

Sponsored Links
The pump should be wired to LP on the boiler for the pump overrun to operate correctly. That may be what is causing the flashing light on the boiler.

The earth wiring looks suspect. There is one earth wire from the supply to the valve and a second earth wire connecting pump to boiler. But the second wire is not connected to the supply earth, it just floats.

You could have connected A to L on both relays; this would have eliminated the complicated, and unnecessary wiring of the Live. See revised wiring below

Heating revised.jpg

It looks like a Y plan to me as there is a wire from the valve grey to the HW stat terminal C (satisfied). Assuming the HW side is controlled by a programmable stat, this wire acts as the connection to the grey wire from both programmer HW OFF and cylinder stat SAT terminal as on a conventional Y Plan.

I'll give you a clue. That's anS plan wiring diagram for a start.

I'm only DiY amatour but I don't think it's "s" plan system. It's almost exact copy of honeywell brochure with some alternations I did to suit my floring needs.
So what changes should I make?
Connect LP with 8? And then LR goes where?

I was asking about connecting LL inside wireless box as it shows on one of the sample wiring diagrams in instruction. I know I could joint AL inside as they are fed from 1 but space within boxes is very limited and its easier to work outside. I'll post some pictures within an hour.

Oh and all earth goes on 3. they are all connected together.

Last edited:
So LP goes to live on pump and LR goes orange on motorized valve correct?

Attachments

• boiler.jpg
    boiler.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 7,848
  • boiler 2.jpg
    boiler 2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:
It is a Y plan.
Have a look at D_Hailsham's revised drawing above your post to see where LP and LR should go.

I was asking about connecting LL inside wireless box as it shows on one of the sample wiring diagrams in instruction. I know I could joint AL inside as they are fed from 1 but space within boxes is very limited and its easier to work outside.

Oh and all earth goes on 3. they are all connected together.
There is plenty of room in the relay backplate to connect L to A with a short length of wire. (It doesn't have to be 13A mains cable.) The two L terminals are already connected internally.

I'm glad about the earths as, as shown, they do not all connect to 3. (Conventionally, two wires shown crossing on a diagram do not connect together.)

Ill try to connect it tomorrow and will report if ill see flashing blue light again

Ok so for now the only change I should do is to feed live on pump from LP and orange on valve from LR. Ill do that tomorrow and report back.
Thank you for you help

Ok so for now the only change I should do is to feed live on pump from LP and orange on valve from LR.
The wiring is correct but the orange feeds LR, not LR feeds orange.

LR is the switched live connection. It is fed from the cylinder stat when HW or HW&CH are called, or from the orange when CH only is called.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back