Honeywell Low & Hi limit pipe stats

Can you guarantee that?

Are you suggesting using just the high limit pipe stat to switch circulator via terminal 2 will cause back end corrosion? , how does this differ from using high & low stats wired in series? , using high limit to switch pump will guarantee any circulation of water through boiler will be above 50K , this can't be said when using the high/low in series , if user were to set low limit @ 30k pump will run via terminal 2 of low limit stat.

Sponsored Links
Hello Norcon, it is a 2 pipe layout with hot water cylinder and yes there is also a rad connected before the pump and 3 way valve so if the pump or power fails then the heated water has somewhere to go to dissipate, there is also a auto bypass fitted. The fire is from Natural heating which is a room heater with back boiler (not that I would buy one of these, I would buy a decent one) but I do like the idea of heating your water and other rooms when the fire is lit.

I don't know how you have connected it but there should not be any three way valves fitted nor no need for by passes either.
Post up a diagram.
You should have a gravity circuit which is accelerated via an injector T.

The lo stat should have full control providing the gravity circuit works ok with the hi stat as reserve for high temperature sensing on the flow.

Hello Norcon, Thanks for reply, I will do a diagram of how it is and as mentioned before, I don't think most of the parts on there are not required but have to say there was no mention of a injector t in the manual from the boiler manufactures. Again thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
Hello Norcon, have looked at the site you provided a link for (woodwarm stoves) and it all makes sense now, have also looked at a company that provides the injector tee and that makes sense now. the only problem is that the hot water cylinder is sidted about 2 feet from ground where the boiler is, will this have to be moved to roof space (this is where the tank is sited along with the expansion tank. Thanks jeff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back