Honeywell PIR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just changed a PIR on my alarm system today and have inadvertently broke off the sensor adjustment screw. How critical is this part and if I'd fit it without it will I have problems. the part resembles a tiny plastic Phillips screw head and it literally snapped off as I touched it. the sensor is a Honeywell activ8 single channel quad PIR. If I have to buy a new one I will but hopefully I may get away with it. Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
steve, I don't use that PIR, but in general if the pcb is not properly secured then they could be prone to false alarms or not activating when required.

I would look at replacing it for peace of mind wouldn't have thought a new PIR would break the bank?

Thanks for the reply scureiam. The PCB is properly secured. The piece that has come off is the sensitivity adjuster. Get your point about peace of mind. Not expensive and not worth false alarms. Thanks for taking time to reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back