Honeywell st6400 Ravenheat wiring help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive just fitted the above programmer but I am a little confused by the wiring diagram for over run boiler. The table in the instructions state that I should connect terminal 9 to LP and terminal 8 to D for a Ravenheat Primary boiler. The issue I have is that I cannot find any reference to LP od D. My Raven heat manual also seems to have no reference. Can anyone please help?

Sponsored Links
The table in the instructions state that I should connect terminal 9 to LP and terminal 8 to D for a Ravenheat Primary boiler. The issue I have is that I cannot find any reference to LP or D.
Do you have a 10 terminal wiring centre and is the pump connected to the wiring centre or is it connected directly to the boiler? 8 and 9 refer to terminals in the wiring centre and this instruction only applies if the pump is wired into the wiring centre.

LP means the pump live terminal in the boiler and D is the switched live terminal. You will also need to remove the link between the C and D terminals. See figure 94 on page 40 of the manual.

Is the supply for the programmer taken from the boiler or separately?

Thanks for the response.

Yes I do have the 10 terminal box but the pump is located next to the boiler and is wired direct to the boiler connetions.
I have removed the c and d link as per the ravenheat instructions. Do I simply take a switched live terminal from number 8 on the terminal box and connect that to D on the boiler. With nothing else going to c?

I am doing this to enable pump over run as stated on the instructions.
This is the Honeywell instructions:-
[/url]

Yes I do have the 10 terminal box but the pump is located next to the boiler and is wired direct to the boiler connections.
Then you can ignore the Honeywell instructions, which assume the pump is wired to the terminal box. Wiring the pump directly to the boiler automatically enables the over-run.

I have removed the c and d link as per the Ravenheat instructions. Do I simply take a switched live terminal from number 8 on the terminal box and connect that to D on the boiler. With nothing else going to c?
Yes. Terminal C is a permanent live, but as this coming from somewhere else, via the programmer and thermostat to terminal 8, it is not needed. If you did not remove the link between C and D, your programmer would do nothing as it would be permanently bypassed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. Do I still need to run a switched live from terminal 8 to the D connection after I remove the link?

You've been a great help. Many thanks for your response and advice!

Wired up as discussed. However, how can I tell if pump overrun is working correctly. I was led by someone else to believe that the pump should continue to run for a minute or so when the timer switches off. At the moment when I switch off the timer (programmer) the boiler and pump also simply turn off.

Further to my update below I have come across some other concerns and am now a bit confused.
The diagram above is what came with the Programmer and I have wired accordingly and taken advice given. However, I can not get the pump to over run once the Programmer stops. After investigation I have no permanent live at the boiler side, only switched live from the Programmer. I therefore can not see how the pump could over run. I am also a little confused as to why the boiler wiring diagram has a 'C' and 'D' point on the wiring loom. I have removed the link from here as instruction and connected a cable from 8 on the control center to 'D' (as Honewell instructions)but am concerned that something should go to 'C'. The only other difference that I have to the wiring diagram is that my Control valve has 5 wires, blue, grey, Orange, Green/Yellow and Brown (not white as per wiring diagram) I have therefore connected the brown to connection 5 on the wiring center as this is where the white should go. Below is a screen shot of my Boiler wiring diagram, with reference to c and d. What should feed the live to allow the pump to over run when the Programmer switches off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back