Hoover Classica Washing Machine won't spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Machine won't spin and clothes were stuck in the machine because the door wouldn't open. Disconnected drain tube and drained into bucket and then the door opened but still won't spin. Any ideas where to start looking?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
The machine won't go into spin if there's water still in the drum.

So, if water was still there it means that either the outlet pipe is blocked (or partially blocked as you managed to drain it manually) or the pump is blocked.

If the drum is empty of water, but won't spin, it could be that the pressure switch is blocked.

I'd check that the pump was clear first.

does the drum move when filling? it may be the brushes, it could also be prssure chamber or its switch

Thanks for your comments. I ran the machine on a rinse and it filled up, did the rinse cycle (drum spinning) and the pumped out most of the water but not all. Then it just sits there doing nothing and the door won't open until I drain it manually. Even when drained it still won't spin.

Sponsored Links
sounds like its the pressure chamber blocked. I say this becuae i assume the pump stops?

what brand of soap powder do you use?

I've been using Maxitrat Non-Bio Tabs from Lidl's - could these have caused a problem with the pressure chamber?

i do not know the brand, but i will say this.

any non branded detergent will cogaulate inside the m/c since it has "cheaper ingrediants"

i should say in short yes.

you will need to unplug you mc, and take it apart to dind the pressure chamber,

be it the lid, back or front

Hi
I've checked the outlet pipe is clear, the pump looks fine and the pressure chamber is also clear. When I blow into the pressure tube the pressure switch clicks twice as it should I think? Is there anything else I should check before looking for a new machine?
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back